Superjedi's FPH2 for Travis S.

Not in particular connected to this here progress pics, but the stripes reminded me of it...
Wouldnt it be a fun, be it way less challenging, project to paint a Boba in "prestine" condition? completely unscratched and undetende.... Just a thought as I wonder how that would look like :D
Do you know if that has been done and if so... can you point me in the right direction?
I considered that with my Black Series ROTJ conversion...but I couldn't resist making the film version.
May track down another ROTJ helm and do THAT! : )
After all, the baddest, highest paid, arrogant , self serving bounty hunter in the galaxy, would not let his gear just hang around damaged, dirty, sloppy paint job...right? lol

Starting to work my way across the brow area.

20200728_173912.jpg 20200728_173853.jpg

Couple questions. I'm sure you have probably been asked this a few times.

How do you go about making the checkmark scratch on the left rear panel? Do you just paint that?

Do you use something like a water soluble pencil to draw out the damage first or do you just freehand the paint?

Looking fantastic! I assume detailing is being hand painted topographically? Are you doing light to dark or dark to light colors?
Thanks! Yeah, I add the details topically. The color order depends on what area I'm working on. Painting light over dark or dark over light work equally well.

Couple questions. I'm sure you have probably been asked this a few times.

How do you go about making the checkmark scratch on the left rear panel? Do you just paint that?

Do you use something like a water soluble pencil to draw out the damage first or do you just freehand the paint?
I use really fine detail brushes to paint the damage. My go-to brush is an 18/0 liner brush, so I can get some super fine lines.
I use a set of stencils that's drawn onto tracing paper. I redraw the lines on the reverse side of the tracing paper, then hold the stencil against the helmet and rub the pencil lines onto the surface using the back end of a small paint brush.
Freehand for something like this invites the possibility of too many errors!

Gave the metal stalk some attention. This is a hollow machined stalk from Machinecraft Replicas and my customer will be installing an RF light kit.

20200801_172033.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back