Superjedi's Animefan Budget for MB

I finished the remaining damage on the dome. Now I can start working on the cheeks.

20230408_083812.jpg

Love seeing any kind of WIP thread, especially one of such caliber!

Mind answering some questions? (apologies if you've already answered these elsewhere and I'm bad at the search function here).
  • Is it all acrylic, or are there enamels used as well?
    • What do you use for thinning your paints?
  • I take it you airbrush the larger base coats then hand-paint the damages for areas like the dome/mandibles, when doing this is there a trick to reducing visible brush strokes?
  • Lastly (not to jump the gun), what is your preferred sealer?
Thanks!

To answer your questions, I work almost exclusively with acrylics. Most of the colors are from Archive-X and a couple are Model Master.
I do airbrush the main colors and add the damage topically with fine brushes. I just play with the thinning ratio to find a good mix that levels out well without leaving brush strokes.
I've used a few different clear coats over the years. Testors dull coat was great but it was discontinued. Vallejo makes good quality clear coats too. I've tried Krylon but it doesn't spray very smoothly.

Another awesome Superjedi wip! You are amazing. I’ve been away and miss seeing your work, glad you are still at it! You must be a master now.

The upper section of the right mandible is packed with so much detail! Just as with the big scrape on the right rear panel, it takes me a few sessions to get it done.
As usual I'm posting a collage of what this area looks like as I build the detail topically.

20230419_164515.jpg 20230419_165059.jpg

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back