Superjedi's FPH2 for Travis S.

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi Fett heads!
I thought I'd try to do one of them helmet paint jobs that people keep talking about. It's my first time doing the ESB style... since the last one I did. :lol:
This will be number 45! It's an excellent FPH2 kit from Wasted Fett. It's rugged, lightweight, and comes with all the accessories you need to build up a great looking bucket.
It's for someone who contacted me on Facebook and I'm not sure if he's a member of TDH or not. But I'll share the progress here anyway.

I've prepped and primed everything already, and this is how things look.

20200712_060845.jpg 20200712_060920.jpg

I use small machine screws for the main ear parts, and rare Earth magnets for the ear cap.

20200712_060816.jpg

Much more to come!

Hi Fett heads!
I thought I'd try to do one of them helmet paint jobs that people keep talking about. It's my first time doing the ESB style... since the last one I did. :lol:
This will be number 45! It's an excellent FPH2 kit from Wasted Fett. It's rugged, lightweight, and comes with all the accessories you need to build up a great looking bucket.
It's for someone who contacted me on Facebook and I'm not sure if he's a member of TDH or not. But I'll share the progress here anyway.

I've prepped and primed everything already, and this is how things look.

View attachment 194241 View attachment 194242

I use small machine screws for the main ear parts, and rare Earth magnets for the ear cap.

View attachment 194243

Much more to come!
Wow man! You just keep pumping these out one by one, you've got some mad skills!

(How much does a paint up from you cost?)

I like when SJ creates a masterpiece, by just “tweaking” something. I wonder if Leonardo da Vinci created Mona Lisa’s smile by just “tweaking” it. :lol:

The right panel is finished! I also added the pale gray at this stage rather than come back at the end.

View attachment 194598 View attachment 194599

Dome and cheeks are next!
The back right panel keeps fascinating me. I mean... there is SO much detail there... and it seen in the movie only for such a short time. Of course this goes for the entire Boba... So much effort spent for so little screen time.
As if they knew they would be creating one of the most appretiated Star Wars charakters and took extra care with every detail.

Wrapping up the weekend with the cat scratch and the turn signal area. :)

View attachment 194771 View attachment 194772 View attachment 194773

I've filled the dent with silver as well. That's coming next!
For some reason, the turn signal area is the one of the ESB that I dont love that much.
Probably because it feels like a missed opportunity, when we think of the colored turn signals of other helmet variants. And there is so much more detail on the ESB when compared to other itterations. (Think the symbols on the ears, etc.). I wonder, why not with the turn signals.

Oh well. Thats not your fault, great work on that!
Say.. how many hours a week do you usually spend on Fett painting? And how many hours a sitting?

There's a decent amount of detail around the turn signals on the ESB. But yeah, they don't have the coloring like on the Supertrooper or the ROTJ.

The time I spend on the helmets really varies with what I have going on with real life stuff. Some weeks are busy for me.
Same thing with my painting sessions. If it's a quiet weekday afternoon/evening I'll have several hours available. Other times I may only have an hour or so. But my general guideline is that if I don't have at least one hour to sit and work on the helmet, I'll wait until I have more time.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back