Maybe CA could redesign their boots?

Rich D

Active Hunter
This may have been discussed before (I did search the forums first!). Has anyone recently tried to work with CA Boots to alter their Boba Fett boot design to be more screen accurate?

It seems like they have an extremely specific target market for this particular product (Fett enthusiasts). There are also quite a few posts around here about how their boots are great for the price, but not too accurate in appearance.

I don't know the history of how they got into the business of supplying Fett boots in the first place, but I imagine they'd be amenable to making minor tweaks to please their constituents. Maybe some of the resident experts could work with them...?

I do believe the result of what you see as their product today IS the result of the costuming community giving them feedback when they first developed the boot. Unfortunatly CA does skimp of the fabrics used and goes with cheaper things such as Vinal on their TK and clone boots instead of making them out of leather, and the soft material they use on the Boba boots.

All in all though I feel with a bit of work the CA's really arent that bad for the price compared to other private vendors. Though you can deffinatly find a much better Boba boot in the private sector. It's all relative to what you personally can afford.

Heres my CA's after I altered them
fettboots_finnished1.jpg

fettboots_finnished2.jpg

I agree. I also have some and with proper weathering and a decent set of toe spikes the can be made to look quite nice. Plus I've stood for hours in them and my feet were very comfortable. You have to realize, ONE: the boots were probably not designed by a Boba nut like us, so the attention to detail is not there like you or I would do. And TWO: they are a company in businesss to make money, so if they can make the boots inexpensively, then they will. These are by no means mass produced, THEY make them in the good ol' U S of A.

I think it all depends on what you do with the boots. If you want to be 100% movie accurate buy something else. If you want to have a wearable Fett that everybody will recognize these boots are great , very comfy, and relatively inexpensive. Add a little weathering and toes spikes and the only people that will say anything negative about these are diehard fans that will settle for nothing but movie accurate. BTW LionsPride your skills still amaze me.

I agree that they look fantastic for the price, especially with weathering and toe spikes. I'm going to buy a pair when my Fett project gets more underway.

Pennywise, you bring up good points. They're in business to make money, and these boots are almost exclusively purchased by Fett enthusiasts. It seems like they'd probably be into addressing some of the more minor cosmetic accuracies people mention on this forum, without it affecting their price.

Count Dookie said:
I agree that they look fantastic for the price, especially with weathering and toe spikes. I'm going to buy a pair when my Fett project gets more underway.

Pennywise, you bring up good points. They're in business to make money, and these boots are almost exclusively purchased by Fett enthusiasts. It seems like they'd probably be into addressing some of the more minor cosmetic accuracies people mention on this forum, without it affecting their price.
I'm sure they would, but SOMEBODY needs to write them a letter;)

I just don't think they should be $100, and require further work.
I think it'd be pair enough to charge $80, but the material cost for these is next to nothing, there are no expensive fabrics involved and it's all made using machines, so the only upkeep is keeping those machines working.

Now if they made something such as real leather boots for all the costumes (stormies, officers, vader, etc.) then prices wouldn't seem so outrageous.

I used to have a set of CA boots, i hated eveything about them
the heels were so weak I felt like i could fall backwards

-=QuinN!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back