Blaster EE3 Vintage scopes and scope ring types

Boochman

Hunter
Amazing information right there! I have friends that are firearm enthusiasts, and I politely asked them to check their resources for vintage ASI & HUNTER scopes, as I’m hoping I can add one to my EE-3.

Have you located any recently? I saw a HUNTER on eBay a week ago that I had my eye on, but the windage knobs looked “different”...

intwenothor

Well-Known Hunter
Amazing information right there! I have friends that are firearm enthusiasts, and I politely asked them to check their resources for vintage ASI & HUNTER scopes, as I’m hoping I can add one to my EE-3.

Have you located any recently? I saw a HUNTER on eBay a week ago that I had my eye on, but the windage knobs looked “different”...
I don't look very often unless someone specifically asks me these days but I've seen a few turn up on Ebay recently. Two were notable because they demonstrate the extreme price range that these can go for.

One was a Webley with the incorrect mounts, wrong locking ring, and missing retention ring. That sold for £155 plus a few quid P&P. The owner will now need to correct those issues for the thing to be right. The tall feet for the mounts are unlikely to come in much under 30 to 40 quid so the overall cost of this scope will end up being near £200 and for me that's too much especially as this wasn't a prime example.

The other one I saw of note was a Sussex Armoury, with box, that just needed a little TLC and a change of receiver rings. Funnily enough this turned up in the cargo hold a little while back; cracked locking ring apparently replaced and rings changed, although I think they might have been the short feet too. Seller made a few quid.

In my opinion somewhere around the £100 should be top end for a decent complete scope and by that I mean all present and correct with correct receiver rings, tall feet, proper screws etc. One in lovely condition might be a little more. If you're getting close to £150 then there are probably better deals to be had. If cash flow isn't an issue then simply buy when you can.

Vintage Webley and Scott 4 x 20 Air Rifle Scope Sight with mounts. | eBay

Sussex Armoury 4x20 Scope with Box | eBay

Last edited:

Boochman

Hunter
Thanks for the info and your opinion on costs. I’m looking for something accurate in terms of the actual scope, but it doesn’t have to be dead nuts accurate, you know?

This was the one that I found:
HUNTER rifle scope 4 x 20 with reticle, riflescope, japan quality | eBay

The windage knobs look “different”, and the photos are not the greatest. I pretty much assumed I’d just be using the scope itself, but the mounts and feet would have to be replicas created by someone here (likely sidewinder).

intwenothor

Well-Known Hunter
?hash=6127dc083f95b2c97ab492fe9c8daf61.jpg

DRAGON SLAYER!!!!!!!

Edit: 28th Jan 2020

I was too lazy to do this properly when I posted the picture of the Dragon Slayer. This is the updated brand list of complete scopes with the probable brands listed after. I now count 18 brands. That's quite an increase from the eight or nine I had when I first researched this in 2012, or whenever it was.

Air Force
ASI (Anglo Spanish Imports)
BSA (Birmingham Small Arms)
Bisley Deluxe
Bushmaster
Dieler ++
Dragon Slayer NEW
Gamo/El Gamo ++
Hunter ++
Jason ++
Kassnar (no infinity symbol)
Manu Arm ++
Milbro (Millard Brothers) ++
Panorama
Relum
Rhino ++
Sussex Armoury
Webley (for Webley and Scott) ++

++ Denotes the brands that are known to have come with the correct receiver rings and tall claws as manufacturer fitted.

The following brands are confirmed as having sold the 4x15 variant of the scope which makes it highly likely that the 4x20 models may be out there somewhere; several now confirmed brands used to be in this list.

Crossman
Gunmark
Nikko Stirling
World Famous

Attachments

Last edited: