Death Watch Deathwatch Jetpack Project

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
Hey guys, decided to revisit this project thanks to the encouragement of a couple members. Its beginnings were previously posted in another thread that I can't recall without some searching, but figured it's been sooo long that a new thread would be ok. Public reference pics proved difficult to find. So I used a combination of couple Clone Wars screen grabs as well as the jetpack seen on one of the Kotobukiya Troopers, and tried to find a happy compromise that would be acceptable. Still need to add a few details here and there, it's approximately 15.75" wide at the outermost edges, and the size comparison pic is next to my Bo Katan master. Take it easy and let me know if you guys see any blaring discrepancies. Thanks -Cruzer
IMG_7287.JPG
IMG_7283.JPG
IMG_7286.JPG
IMG_7285.JPG
IMG_7284.JPG
IMG_7288.JPG

Looks stellar, brother!

Are you building this to match one of the currently available back armor plates?
I'm so out of the loop these days I'm afraid I'm not familiar with who the armor makers are. I just decided to finish this project because two members here asked me to. So I'm basically making this body a larger version of my Bo jetpack which I primarily used Lucas film 3D model pics as references, and adjusting as needed to resemble the DW details. I was told my Bo jetpack back was spot on to the Bo backplate Kevin made, so I'm just hoping this one matches DW backplates similarily.

Slowly making some progress. Used the packaging of the cone I ordered to make a resin cast because the real cone was too narrow. The white resin pieces are just for reference and from FettSeven's awesome jetpack kits, however, I think the exhaust part looks pretty compatible! The last pic is the reference I ultimately decided to use for these parts. Not sure if it's the best to use, but it seemed to be the one that showed the best details out of the very few I have.

IMG_7530.JPG
IMG_7536.JPG
IMG_7544.JPG

IMG_7279.JPG

Thanks. I feel it's looking pretty solid all the way around. Still need to add a few small details, finish the back, make the center cone removable so it can be swapped out for the rocket at a later time, and then give everything one final coat of primer. I'd like to have it ready for silicone by the beginning of next month.
IMG_7545.JPG

Took two attempts but the back is finally finished. Please let me know if any of the Deathwatch experts see any shapes/angles that need to be tweaked for better accuracy or improved fit with the readily available armor being used.
Thanks,
Cruzer
AB7CAEB5-FD03-4599-8521-8281577EC2F4.jpeg
DCCBC550-EF16-4572-B997-A71331F8BBBF.jpeg

Hey Cruzer!

That center stripe should be a touch narrower and more rounded, more like the Nite Owl and less like the Jango. Otherwise, I think you've got it nailed.

Hey Cruzer!

That center stripe should be a touch narrower and more rounded, more like the Nite Owl and less like the Jango. Otherwise, I think you've got it nailed.

Thank you for mentioning that about the center strip, as I had completely forgotten about adding the second strip to the top of it that will give it its additional height and narrower look. So glad you caught that

Thank you for mentioning that about the center strip, as I had completely forgotten about adding the second strip to the top of it that will give it its additional height and narrower look. So glad you caught that

No worries, Brother! Looking great!!

Added the little raised areas near the neck of the center tube. I think it’s completed unless anyone sees anything else. Silicone should be arriving tomorrow!
30762423-CCB1-42BF-A86B-8506C0DDC125.jpeg
392F2D51-691A-4860-9152-A2096DDA6454.jpeg
12074B3F-662E-4FB7-AF97-CCDD0E66B2C6.jpeg
40CFD531-E157-452A-8709-62EF948643DB.jpeg
A1ED859E-808A-4892-83BF-AD734AEED008.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back