01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

Thank you SilverStalker! I think most of it looks nice but struggle with what is acceptable flaws and what isn't since I haven't seen too many others up close. I always see flaws but then think that most people won't be looking at it from 6 inches away like I am. I should have pics of most of it together this weekend.

I still have to do that and am going to do it when I paint the knee darts. Still have a ton of painting to do this weekend. I should have my gauntlets back from the body shop by Friday and my goal is to have it wearable by Monday and fine tune it from there ( without the Jetpack)

Going to have this put together and wearable this weekend. I want to wear it to Katsucon- even if it is just a test run ( I will have my Scout And RE costume with me as well incase there is a problem.). Chest armor cutout covered before putting in the lights.
C3FFF709-4940-4A8D-A277-1F1F482FE049.jpg

Dude, you are an absolute animal! You are a boulder rolling down a huge mountain. I wish I had your tenacity and motivation. This build has been and is very inspiring to get my ass up and off the internet and start building. Keep it up!

By the way, the visor looks good to me too, however I am no expert on such matters.

Lol thanks! I actually see my self as dragging my feet on it haha. I work better with deadlines though. Building the sling gun upper piece is going to be the biggest issue and I still have to cast the front of the Uzi Graflex piece. I don't think I will have the pack done in time for next week.

My friend is blacking out the inside of the helmet now so it helps make the visor darker. I think I am going to use Chicago screws at the upper sections of the visor and do something to secure the lower mandibles since they want to spread open. I also bought 3M super strength molding tape to try. That tape holds body side moldings and Vent Visors on cars - I can't see why I couldn't hold a visor in.

949AF068-CBAB-4D74-9C6B-1D4517C050E4.jpg
This is what I used for the red piece on the chest cutouts. Not sure how well it will work with the lights behind it but it was worth a shot

The right ear isn't sitting correctly when viewed from the back. I am going to leave it since I am also building a DVH helmet that I will ultimately use for this. I think I am going to leave the shin tools unpainted to give a little bit of color contrast. The visor is super duty double sided 3M taped on- it doesn't budge and the lower helmet doesn't flare out . Will be doing all the black and other trim piece painting tonight all at once. Offer to Home Depot and hobbytown to buy paint , Velcro and hardware/grommets. I am pretty pleased with the overall look of things so far. Not perfect but I like it.
9859FB92-1780-4942-B83D-BF85E0EFFAE9.jpg

I may have to wear these without the left gauntlet flame thrower unless I can throw one together real quick tonight .. I will eventually put my real MQ1 on it but what to perfect the mold I am making for it after the show this weekend
0DD6D720-43D6-441C-A715-45B5CE8B89C2.jpg

Just some observations:

9859FB92-1780-4942-B83D-BF85E0EFFAE9.jpg DC6F17AD-6E2C-44BC-900C-042D275E0BBE.jpg

Also don't forget to add the 2 arrows from the helmet to the left shoulder:

ST Arrows.jpg

Your progress so far is amazing, so keep up with the great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back