01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

Looks good! Personally I'd go blue, but I've never seen the argument for green. I'm sure whatever happens it'll look great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

I thought the arrows were blue as week but some post mention " black green " which I wasn't aware was a color haha.

And the metal parts are Dakotas from MachineCraft Replicas. Had my rocket here in just a couple days and it is really nice!

Hoping to have the gauntlets painted this week and maybe the pack. But behind schedule this weekend due to the blizzard and basically spent the weekend clearing out snow for elderly people all down my street.

Rest of the parts are at the body shop getting painted and I got some more found parts today. I now have a Panorama , Tasco and Korvette telescope. I also got my Michell parts for the Supertrooper Uzi pieces.
11F38F2B-4B71-4A7B-AB5E-ECD228A24AD0.jpg

I am trying to get most of the painting, helmet and body parts of the armor together this weekend. Couple questions ( I will link the pic vs sending it to photo bucket since i can be seen in better detail here).

1) On the left ear- should the groove in the middle be painted black or does it just look like poor lighting.
2) There are 2 red square looking things on the left gauntlet in between the MQ1 and the Glenross- actual parts or just red painted accents?
3) There is a silver plate on the sling gun with red accents as well.
4) Should the silver pieces on the right ear be the same color as the silver trim pieces on the pack and rocket? A polished aluminum color? light gun metal? regular silver? The pack pieces look border line chrome to me
5) The little notch on the left side of the helmet - what color is that? Silver?

I have saved every Supertrooper pic I can and stared at them for a long time but can't quite decide on this stuff so any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I would use the " view larger " function to see it better

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/boba-fett-supertrooper/p10557-boba-fett-supertrooper.html

I am trying to get most of the painting, helmet and body parts of the armor together this weekend. Couple questions ( I will link the pic vs sending it to photo bucket since i can be seen in better detail here).

1) On the left ear- should the groove in the middle be painted black or does it just look like poor lighting.
2) There are 2 red square looking things on the left gauntlet in between the MQ1 and the Glenross- actual parts or just red painted accents?
4) Should the silver pieces on the right ear be the same color as the silver trim pieces on the pack and rocket? A polished aluminum color? light gun metal? regular silver? The pack pieces look border line chrome to me
5) The little notch on the left side of the helmet - what color is that? Silver?

I have saved every Supertrooper pic I can and stared at them for a long time but can't quite decide on this stuff so any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I would use the " view larger " function to see it better

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/boba-fett-supertrooper/p10557-boba-fett-supertrooper.html

Can't answer any of the above but make sure you get some Dr. Scholls feet inserts for your MOW boots, your feet will thank me for that later.

Hahaha. I plan on it. Oddly enough whoever just posted the old DVH MOW gauntlet thread on top of mine answered the question about the 2 red things by the Glenross. Look like on the older ones there were 2 molded in rectangles below it.

I think it's black.

They look like indents, but not 100% sure if it is red or black (or other color).

That is not a silver plate, but the KAISER logo on the inner side of the handle (on the Supertrooper images the handle is backward) and the stock. Because the image is washed out a bit, the lettering looks like a rectangular plate. Also no red accents, just color tricks of the images.

4) Should the silver pieces on the right ear be the same color as the silver trim pieces on the pack and rocket? A polished aluminum color? light gun metal? regular silver? The pack pieces look border line chrome to me.

The ears were machined aluminum, so the unpainted areas are actually aluminum.

The little notch looks like painted in black, the same color used on the front arrows (red and black).

Thanks Raf ! I should be able to have my helmet done today. I thought the signal were to be blue but will put black on them now.

This is one of the reasons why I thought it was a plate. The silver area looks longer and it kinda looks like 2 red dots in there to me. May just be the weathering/ photo quality like you said though ( i used this pic which isn't the Supertrooper but I see the same thing on that )
0D97B422-613D-4928-A419-3FBA130844B5.jpg

The KAISER writing on the Pre-Pro #2 sling gun looks sanded and partially painted:

PP2 Sling Gun.jpg

The Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 has the writing intact.

Magnets glued on using E6000. I made a test strip of ABS with 1 magnet on it and let it attach to a metal pole in my basement about 50 times and it held up so it should be ok. I will prob put Chicago screws on the upper piece and the center diamond - I put the magnets on the shoulders to help position it correctly before using the screws. I am using magnets on the painted side of the armor to keep pressure on the E6000 while it cures.
1C5D7B50-66BF-480E-A833-5CD8B5349A0D.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back