01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

The bottoms of the jetpacks were dependent on which one was being shot. There were 5 used during filming, but only 4 I can confirm were used in final scenes. There were differences in all the jet packs.

Sent via Holonet from Slave 1

Been playing with this for the last 2 weeks. The ring part looks like crap but the housing is perfect ( except for the seam which is unavoidable).

2C44760A-297C-4BFE-8148-2678C47B2CB7.jpg

Been playing with this for the last 2 weeks. The ring part looks like crap but the housing is perfect ( except for the seam which is unavoidable).

2C44760A-297C-4BFE-8148-2678C47B2CB7.jpg

This is a reminder that I need to work on my ESB saber...I've got a Graflex and just about all of the parts sitting in my office that I've had for probably 5-6 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey 01Hawk, Im Alex, we met at Celebration, i was one of the other supertroopers ;), glad to see your kit is getting even better! Definitely interested in some of your castings....

Hey 01Hawk, Im Alex, we met at Celebration, i was one of the other supertroopers ;), glad to see your kit is getting even better! Definitely interested in some of your castings....

Was great meeting you as well! I wish I could have met everyone ( or even remembered everyone names since most meetings happened so quick haha).

I tried test painting a couple and they weren't taking Krylon too well. I don't want to send anyone anything that will disappoint them so as soon as I have it straightened out I will be listing them for sale. I would really like to get a pressure pot as well to make them perfect. My issue is I look at them 3 inches from my face and see flaws when in reality most people will never have them that close. I am switching to making the Sling Gun this week since it is less complex and I bought a new disc/belt sander to get them perfected.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the pointer on the continuous hinge. I am moving that direction away from the magnets. The buggers just keep coming off.

I really wanted magnets to work but I got sick of trying. I have an idea that I think will be perfect for them - I just need to make them. I envision a male pin into a female channel on each side. The gauntlet top would be set down slightly back from the bottom and go into the channel, slide it forward and have it lock into place.

Was great meeting you as well! I wish I could have met everyone ( or even remembered everyone names since most meetings happened so quick haha).

I tried test painting a couple and they weren't taking Krylon too well. I don't want to send anyone anything that will disappoint them so as soon as I have it straightened out I will be listing them for sale. I would really like to get a pressure pot as well to make them perfect. My issue is I look at them 3 inches from my face and see flaws when in reality most people will never have them that close. I am switching to making the Sling Gun this week since it is less complex and I bought a new disc/belt sander to get them perfected.

Well, cant wait til you get them all finished up. I know you were unhappy with the lack of symmetry on the upper reciever bit of your Sling Gun, I could print you and send one that is geometrically ideal, a solid place to get a cast off of?

I appreciate that, I am determined to make one myself so I can call it my own. It will be pretty straight forward with the sander , just a matter of me not being lazy and doing it lol.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back