What were the original Boba Fett gauntlet rockets made of?

NerdWithASuit

New Hunter
So, this one is something I am interested in making what I view as a canon ESB to RotJ Boba Fett costume where he still has his holster and blaster from ESB, but he recently got his armor repainted and some of his stuff modded ala the new gauntlets and recolors in RotJ. So for that I must ask: During shots with the close-up costume what were the original gauntlet rockets made of? Where they of a plastic, resin, or fiberglass material, or was it straight-up metal? In most big-budget action-heavy movies there are often two versions of the same costumes used. One for close-ups where detail for medium, close-up, or extreme close-up shots is prioritized, and stunt versions which are usually made with softer materials for stunts and actor flexibility. So for this one, I am asking about the hero version or detailed copy of the Boba Fett costumes. On those costumes, is it known what material the gauntlet rocket was made of? I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to intricacy and detail in costumes, so I want to know what would be the most accurate to the movies gauntlet to buy for Boba. Metal or non-metal?
4e73a6dd56bb28ba445952e4f37dcfc1.jpg
501st-left-gauntlet-old-jpg.jpg
Nd9GcQP_OSXo_FdHwZ4nKY-IG74w8z9ZMG4mEXHmA&usqp=CAU.jpg

The laser body & tips are made from aluminum, while the laser cones are made from a special space grade copper alloy according to Dragomir at Elstree Precision Co Ltd - the man that made them.

Was it confirmed Elstree made the whole thing? Wasn't the thinking for a long time that an airplane model kit was used for the
copper/brass bit?

Was it confirmed Elstree made the whole thing? Wasn't the thinking for a long time that an airplane model kit was used for the
copper/brass bit?

Yep, complete assembly was made by Elstree. There are original drawings floating around of the rocket cone that are in a book that was sold at auction many years ago.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back