Questions about the Pre-Pro 1 Fett

Ah, nice.

And I did find this thread but after Under The Helmet, I imagine someone got better shots. Those are some good ones of the suit though. The cape/poncho is really cool.
That’s one of the reasons why I wanted to do it, I love the poncho look since it was taken from Ralph McQuarries drawings and imo the poncho looks better then the cape.

Those shots in 1980 really have me rethinking the dome and cheek color.
1980 a.jpg

1980 b.jpg

1980 c.jpg

Seems like it wasn't the "Eyes" version for very long before they scrubbed that out and added the ears, which was how it appeared in the series of photographs documenting how to put the suit on, as well as the parade in 1978, all the way up to that exhibition in London in 1980 in those pictures I posted above. Is that the last time anyone saw this helmet?

Yeah, they unfortunately got rid of the eyes look which I think is better then the ears if only it had the kill stripes! But with that being said, I wonder what happened to the helmet since it just disappeared after that..

Haha true, maybe it landed somewhere in the hands of a collector perhaps since I’m pretty sure the PP2 got in the hands of a collector after it’s use. Still, it’d be cool if they didn’t just half scrap these suits or repaint them since it just hides away the original product, it might possibly be painted over too but then again you’d be able to tell since it has that slash.

Right, that slash is a real indication. It's funny when I found out who has the PP2. "The guy who did the Clerks cartoon with Kevin Smith?!"

I'm not even going to wade into the whole 'that armor was repainted' discussion, but I know some of the guys here who are able to tell the armors apart way better than I can have their opinions. Some of it may have been repainted for ROTJ at least, but yeah the helmet seems to be gone not recycled.
When you have a ton of free time, the thread for The Unofficial History of Boba Fett Costumes is really worth going through.

Huh I didn’t know he had the PP2 that’s pretty funny ngl, and yeah the whole armor subject is hard for me atleast for me now until I build this PP1 suit then I’ll be able to dissect the armor repainted a lot better hopefully..

Haha true, maybe it landed somewhere in the hands of a collector perhaps since I’m pretty sure the PP2 got in the hands of a collector after it’s use. Still, it’d be cool if they didn’t just half scrap these suits or repaint them since it just hides away the original product, it might possibly be painted over too but then again you’d be able to tell since it has that slash.

The PP2 jetpack is in private hands. Everything else still is at Lucasfilm. The right gauntlet was even used for SE and ROTJ stunts. The left gauntlet is still around but in terrible shape. Most plates were painted over.

I'm not even going to wade into the whole 'that armor was repainted' discussion, but I know some of the guys here who are able to tell the armors apart way better than I can have their opinions. Some of it may have been repainted for ROTJ at least, but yeah the helmet seems to be gone not recycled.

Since all the dents were added by hand it's pretty easy to tell what plates were reused where when you learn what to look for. All but confirmed most of PP1/PP2 plates were painted over for ROTJ. Some parts survived though and were used for sunts/on tour (ie PP2 cod, back, and kidney all survived iirc).

All the helmets are supposedly accounted for in LFL archives.

DennisFett1142, I was, and thank you for chiming in! yeah it looked perfect.

Also I've never commented on your thread and I'm sorry but I totally stalk it every couple weeks as I envy the hell out of that room.

All the helmets are supposedly accounted for in LFL archives.

The PP2 is in the same private collection as the jetpack I believe.

The PP2 is in the same private collection as the jetpack I believe.

Right, all but the PP1 and PP2 are in the LFL archives, and PP2 is accounted for... just not in the LFL archives, heh.

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back