Superjedi's RS Props SE for TI Wingman


superjedi

Sr Hunter
Grimy and grungy! That's how we like the SE helmet to look.
There's a bit more gunk to add on the side of the dome, but it overlaps the killstripes. I'll finish it once the stripes are on.

20211109_172751.jpg 20211109_172730.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Even more grungy! :D
The nature of these helmet casts allows me to add a lot of the really tiny chips and scratches without having to rely on the killstripes for "landmarks."
There is some damage that overlaps the stripes in a few places, so I'll finish that up once the stripes are on.

20211110_155205.jpg 20211110_155136.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Killstripes! He's a dangerous one, this Boba Fett! ;)
Everything was masked using tape to get the outlines, and then I used Humbrol Maskol to do the chips.
The stripes were first airbrushed with Archive-X acrylic SP Armour Yellow and then the back few stripes were toned with one of my Polly Scale oranges.

20211112_175555.jpg 20211112_175536.jpg 20211112_175504.jpg

20211112_160648.jpg 20211112_162847.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Apart from a couple of small details that I'll add during final weathering, the dome is finished!
I added the remaining SE grunge that overlaps the stripes.

20211112_195110.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Red! Roja! Rot! Rouge! Aka! :)
I love this stage. The red really ties the other colors together. I've been using Archive-X acrylic D&H Caboose Red for my last several helmets, and it's an outstanding reproduction of the vintage Floquil color.
This is a great place to stop work for the weekend. The red will have time to dry until tomorrow afternoon and then I'll begin the damage painting.

20211114_145556.jpg 20211114_145535.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I did a couple of the weathering steps before starting on the mandible areas.
Here you can see the "tape repair" under the killstripes, and the white thumbprints.

20211119_042740.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
It's a crack! It's a repair! It's... the crack repair! :)
This is the most obvious of all the additional damage seen on the SE helmet. Who knows how the original ESB helmet was damaged like this, but the not-so-neat application of epoxy and putty is captured nicely in these second generation casts.

20211119_185707.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
When I work on the mandibles, I like to break them up into upper and lower sections. There's a lot going on with each one, and doing this helps out in making sure I'm not letting any details slip by.
Here's the lower portion of the left mandible.

20211120_201309.jpg
 
Top