Superjedi's MCR-ESB for Adam


superjedi

Sr Hunter
More ear work today. I did the black arch on the ear cap and the white arch on the left ear.

IMG_20201231_093750_599.jpg 20201231_102900.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Time to break out the lights. :)
I don't normally install lights as part of my commissions, but I do it upon request provided the light kit is sent along with the helmet.

This build will include the new JC27 light kit designed for the Terminalfettler RF topper that he built for the ESB-MCR helmets.

The kit includes everything you'll need except for a 9 volt battery. You get the controller board with 2 pre-wired red LEDs and 3 pre-wired white LEDs, a battery box with ON/OFF switch, and a microswitch to activate the lights when the RF stalk is lowered. He even includes 3 wire connectors. Groovy!

20210101_201501.jpg 20210101_201429.jpg 20210101_201410.jpg 20210101_201351.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
First two steps of the light kit installation:
1) controller board tacked in place in the RF body with CA glue.
2) microswitch attached to the inner ear cap with the two screws provided by Machinecraft.

20210102_161020.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Light test! :) (y)
My camera is making the white lights appear a bit yellowish. They're not. They're a nice crisp white.
The red LEDs flash as they should. I happened to catch them in the split second they were both on.

20210102_203003.jpg 20210102_203016.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I'm trying a new method to mount the MQ-1 circuit board. I think this will be pretty similar to how the original was done.
I started by using CA glue to secure two thin styrene tubes into the back of the helmet, one on either side of the keyslots. Then I measured and cut a rectangle of black styrene, adding a couple of bends to leave a gap so the circuit board will fit in.
In these pics, the black styrene isn't attached yet. It's held in place by the two thin tubes. Once I paint the outer face red, I'll attach the circuit board, glue the styrene in, and then use some Milliput to cover the tubes. (y)

20210104_092418.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Thanks, guys. :)
I finished installing the MQ-1 circuit board as well as the Borden piece. Milliput or other epoxy putties are pretty easy to work with.
I'll paint the Milliput once it's dry.

20210104_172139.jpg 20210104_172122.jpg

Here's how the Borden looks on the cheek.

20210104_172100.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Thanks!
Before I begin the weathering passes, I like to make sure everything fits nicely. I mounted the ears and RF assembly late last night and here's how things are looking.

20210105_054538.jpg 20210105_054600.jpg

Pretty sweet! I'll dismount the ears today and start working on things like the grease stains and other general grunginess. :)
 
Top