ROTJ Boba color pallet for airbrushing ?

jangohunter

New Hunter
Hey everyone I’m just now ordering my BobaMaker ROTJ helemt. My goal is to be 501st approved at the end of this build. Anyways I have already bought my eclipse hp-cs airbrush and I looked at the color pallet on the 501st‘s website and I want to match those as closely as possible because I want my suit to look as screen accurate as possible. Anyways do any approved ROTJ Boba‘s have suggestions for all the colors and from what brand I need for the whole build so I can go ahead and buy them now. I plan on using Jayvee’s stencils based on what I’ve read unless anyone else has other suggestions. Thanks for the help

Archive-X has a lot of wonderful colors. Acrylic colours They don't do silver yet though. I use Tamiya XF-16 for that.

There are tons and tons of colors and misting on the helmet so it's a bit hard to condense into a list but these are the colors I use on the helmet:
Back Panels: Gunmetal (Humbrol 57) misted on the silver, Weyerhaeuser Green as the main color, Dark Green Misting over the Weyerhauser
Trim: Lark Dark DK, DH Caboose
Cheeks & Dome: Lark Dark DK, Reefer Gray, Light Green (lower cheek damage), Depot Olive (misting as needed), Green Grey + Light Grime (60/40 mix for main color)
Kill Stripes: Reefer Orange
Upper Cheeks: Dark Green + Engine Black (70/30 mix) or Tamiya XF-17 is also nice
Ears: Weathered Black

Archive-X has a lot of wonderful colors. Acrylic colours They don't do silver yet though. I use Tamiya XF-16 for that.

There are tons and tons of colors and misting on the helmet so it's a bit hard to condense into a list but these are the colors I use on the helmet:
Back Panels: Gunmetal (Humbrol 57) misted on the silver, Weyerhaeuser Green as the main color, Dark Green Misting over the Weyerhauser
Trim: Lark Dark DK, DH Caboose
Cheeks & Dome: Lark Dark DK, Reefer Gray, Light Green (lower cheek damage), Depot Olive (misting as needed), Green Grey + Light Grime (60/40 mix for main color)
Kill Stripes: Reefer Orange
Upper Cheeks: Dark Green + Engine Black (70/30 mix) or Tamiya XF-17 is also nice
Ears: Weathered Black
I hadn’t heard of them yet I had seen a lot of people using the tamiya colors. With the archive colors do you just get the acrylic colors and then mix them with the thinner for the airbrush? Sorry I’m completely new at painting with an airbrush

I hadn’t heard of them yet I had seen a lot of people using the tamiya colors. With the archive colors do you just get the acrylic colors and then mix them with the thinner for the airbrush? Sorry I’m completely new at painting with an airbrush
Yes, nearly all paints you will have to mix with a thinner. You'll want the paint to be the consistency of milk. Might take some trial and error to get the hang of it. The only paints I've found that don't require thinner (or only a tad) are Tamiya's acrylic line and Vallejo's Model Air line.

There is a post on here somewhere called Humbrol painting by numbers or something similar, its a very comprehensive list of every colour needed to do the helmet. I think there is about 25 different colours. If i can find it i will post a link but in the meantime I'll attach the picture included in the post. Let me be clear, credit for this image goes to someone else and certainly not me. Happy painting.

Attachments

• ROTJ-PBN-v1.png
    ROTJ-PBN-v1.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 128
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back