Real Pulce 40 Conversion, Build, Paint

Fettastic

Active Hunter
I have finally acquired a beautiful and rare Pulce 40 that has all the accurate attributes of the Boba Fett ESB sidearm blaster. It has the correct trigger safety, metal barrel, and nozzle tip. This is just a basic build and conversion thread showing what I've done to convert it to Boba Fett's sidearm blaster.

B92A739D-96CE-4ABB-88F6-46C141C04EFC.JPG

1A29B7A1-6E0A-4D69-9A67-65EA3BBBFC4C.JPG

3B3DE278-6F85-4E22-BD21-3A662F777239.JPG

26BEB8DE-D8CB-4584-A808-06939BF8A07C.JPG

First order of business was to disassemble and clean all of the parts. This thing had definitely seen the bottom of an ocean floor or two. Especially the internals.

IMG_4999.jpeg

I used goo gone, a tooth brush, Dawn dish soap, and a steel brush to get all the grime off all the pieces.

IMG_5001.jpeg

Then I used a dremal, files, and sand paper to cut off the barrel arch, and sand down the logos.

IMG_5004.jpeg

Nice and clean!

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5003.jpeg

After glueing the wedge in place. I used bondo to fill in the remaining gap.

IMG_5034.jpeg

IMG_5045.jpeg

IMG_5046.jpeg

While the bondo was curing I prepped the handle area and barrel cover. Then I proceeded to put on the first coat of primer.

IMG_5059.jpeg

After the bondo had fully cured. I sanded it down and then applied some Tamiya White Filler for the very small holes.

IMG_5048.jpeg

IMG_5050.jpeg

Then some more sanding and some primer.

IMG_5058.jpeg

After leaving it to dry overnight I applied the first coat of paint, let it dry, and then buffed it out and wore it down a bit with steel wool. This helps to get a bit of sheen even with flat paints.

IMG_5060.jpeg

I did take a page out of Art Andrews' book and made the trigger functional. I did, however, opt to use the original shaft/sleeve to extend out further past the grip portion. It allows for easier access when adjusting the spring tension because you have to leave the barrel in place which doesn't allow much room if you have fat fingers. I cut a rethreaded the rod to the appropriate length and used 2 very strong springs to get a longer pull and a wide range of adjustment. I also used some small washers and coincinedally a small chickago screw shaft works well as a spacer and catch for the springs I was using.

IMG_5068.jpeg

IMG_5064.jpeg

IMG_5065.jpeg

The shaft recesses inside the butt of the barrel housing so there is no wiggle when pulling the trigger and the pull is very smooth. The tension can be adjusted from very light to very strong. I like mine on the strong side.

IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5070.jpeg

I must have missed a few steps of documenting because at this time I had already put on multiple coats of paint and some weathering on the grip portion.

Loving it!
Did you paint the whole tube and tape with silver? If so can you tell me what you used?

Yessir! I used Humbrol X11 acrylic silver. I wouldn't consider using this paint on much because it is so very dull straight out of the tin, but for this, I think it worked really well. I did layer on top of the silver though to add more depth to the weathering.

I assume the aluminums part are anodized? Those parts on your Pulce as you received look to me as if they are. Is it known if the original props aluminum parts were painted repainted sliver? Thanks

I assume the aluminums part are anodized? Those parts on your Pulce as you received look to me as if they are. Is it known if the original props aluminum parts were painted repainted sliver? Thanks

I don’t believe they were painted, @Art didn’t paint his so I would assume they left the metal alone…

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back