Rook's Book of Boba Daimyo build.

Vambrace hoses done last night. Went faster than I thought it would. Silicone hoses with the mesh sheathing. The quick disconnect fittings I think came from Amazon. Couldn't find ones with big and little knurling. My set came with 3 connectors, so one is attached to a cut off bolt that will be glued into the gauntlet. The second is connected to the end of the quick release. I pushed the silicone hose on top of the fitting, then zip tied it in place. Wrapped it with electrical tape, then put the mesh cover over that. Then used heat shrink tubing over all of that. I probably should have used less electrical tape, but other than that I think it turned out decent still need to paint the part that goes into the vambrace a brass or copper color.

20240415_101910.jpg

Sorta made some headway last night. Sorta. Finally got my knee darts and trim installed. My armor had cover plates for that area, and the prints were kinda warped, so I used hot water to flatten them. It worked. Sorta. :)

Also got the majority of my greeblies installed on the vambraces. Managed to crack one of the hose nozzle housings on the right side (doh!), but got them all epoxied in place.

What wasted a freaking hour of my life was the panel and push buttons on the left vambrace. I could NOT get that plate to sit flush for nothing, so it took a while with a knife and Dremel to finally get it in place.

Still too much to do...

20240416_012050.jpg

20240416_012102.jpg

20240416_012107.jpg

Does anyone know what that push button on the back right side of the left arm rocket vambrace really is? I think In the future if I redo these, I'd like to have a real button in there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back