Minutefett ESB Restored paint up

Wow great work . The rear panels always make my eyes hurt ,watching all the fine details being applied. Can‘t wait to see the weathering knock back the brightness of the green!
Thank you! I remember on my first one, I was sceptical of how much of a difference a dark wash would make but it really does bring everything together and alter the colours. You can see a comparison here:

3C35D6A0-F5AB-4C3C-955F-671E5461750D.jpeg

Lower cheeks done (mostly)

99CDDEA9-E227-4AE3-ACD6-168C67B0424F.jpeg

Few bits of grey detail to do. Parts that were too small to mask out.

58A55D02-2D6F-4D19-AFA2-000222B232B2.jpeg
595B3E03-6070-48C2-9A3A-952580DC6AF4.jpeg

How do you do this part on the right cheek?

CFCC20F0-BB72-46A7-B5C1-C6D4EDBAD28F.jpeg

I was thinking about putting straight paint in the airbrush without thinner and just kind of splattering it on there?

You should always compare the stencils to the reference photos. Looks like it was kissed by the airbrush, not quite as spotty as it appears in that stencil.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-13 095651.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-13 095651.png
    782.6 KB · Views: 143
It's misted. Always use images from the Media section when painting.

------------------------
JFJ beat me with a few seconds.

Excellent, you're all quite correct - I need to remember to check the reference images too! Thanks Raf, wasn't a criticism of your amazing templates by the way!

Anyone have any tips for tracing the upper cheeks? It's such a difficult area to trace accurately, I can't get the tracing paper in at all without it creasing severely and throwing off the tracing.

Anyone have any tips for tracing the upper cheeks? It's such a difficult area to trace accurately, I can't get the tracing paper in at all without it creasing severely and throwing off the tracing.
I managed to get around it by covering the area with masking tape, tracing the shape over that and then carefully peeling it off in one piece. Then I traced the shape with tracing paper to use as my template for re-sizing Raf's stencil.

This worked a dream but something is still off because the stencil is nowhere near a match. It's odd because the back panels and lower cheeks were a dream, hardly needed any adjustment but with the upper cheek, the angles and sizes are wrong everywhere no matter how much I re-size.

Yea, normal life got in the way a bit. I'm getting married on the 28th of this month so planning for that has taken priority but I'm still finding 5 minutes hear and there to crack on.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back