Minutefett ESB Restored paint up

Got the grey damage masked on the left panel, so we’re ready for concrete.

4E49D33B-8375-42FA-8625-EB1E4D792F28.jpeg
C3A8563C-5F60-4F92-A382-10646E83498F.jpeg

I’ve never noticed it before, but I like how these areas combined look like the damage was sustained from the same blow:

45E3AAB2-7786-4F92-9518-B590A483486D.jpeg

Last edited:
Green is on.

DE1EDD5F-B69A-4D5B-8C9D-49EDE667A660.jpeg
655438EC-80F4-4E04-86DD-7172E96974C4.jpeg
F9AB49C8-0C14-48BE-944A-77405BC1B2DD.jpeg

It all looks a bit bright and ‘new’ at the moment but I remember from my last one how much of a difference the final stages of weathering and washes make so expect everything to be darker.

Overall, happy so far - much better than my first attempt I think.

Few details still to add, such as the ‘tick’ scratch on the left panel.

Thank you! Trying to decide what area to move on to next. Would you say there’s a benefit or advantage to anywhere in particular?

I was thinking of doing the lower cheeks, working up to the upper cheeks, mandibles & trine and finishing with the dome
That’s the order I usually go in with the exception of doing the mandibles/trim last, but that’s just me. There really is no rhyme or reason to it.

That’s the order I usually go in with the exception of doing the mandibles/trim last, but that’s just me. There really is no rhyme or reason to it.
Good to know, thanks. I think I'll follow suit and leave the mandibles and trim until last. That makes sense to me to kind of work from the bottom to the top and in to out.

Also - at what point do you put the Borden in? I would assume it’s one of the last things or do you just put it in once that cheek is painted?

Also - at what point do you put the Borden in? I would assume it’s one of the last things or do you just put it in once that cheek is painted?

There is some weathering on the borden but you should be fine whenever to put it in since you've already cut the hole.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back