Lemorseaplumes ESB Fett build (WIP)

Well, time to to report on my late summer work.
Here are the two ESB blasters mounted from a 3D printed base sold by a French seller. Keep in mind this is an 120 € build with no original parts.

I sanded and filled in the Pulse 40 side logos and cut out the front part following the Art Andrews informations about the original prop. Also add this funny little piece of tape on the barrel. Spray painted, assembled and hand painted for details and weathering.

20220829_202337.jpg
20220830_200700.jpg

20220909_201120.jpg

20220909_201133.jpg

Fit well on the Boba Maker holster. Ready to go !

20220909_201102.jpg

Building the EE3 was a different level, especially since I spent a long time finding suitable screws...

I also wanted to make it a real wood stock, without using the 3D repriConted stock from the kit. I add the damage on top of the stock following ConvergenceProp work. Thanks again Buda Fett for reported it !

Prepaint :

20220829_202125.jpg

Base painting and assembling :

20220830_200638.jpg

20220831_160148.jpg
20220831_160247.jpg

After handpainted weathering and details :
Just missing the proper sling.

20220909_201236.jpg

20220909_201221.jpg

20220909_201248.jpg
20220909_201315.jpg

Both the EE-3 and the sidearm look fantastic!
Thanks BudaFett ! Wasn't too keen on a 3D printed kit at first because it takes a lot of time to sand and fill, but I'm pretty happy with the result. I still would like to replace the nozzle of the EE3 with a metal replica but I am not sure about the right place for getting one...

Time to work on a new cape. Just made a try with spray paint on a small piece from the wool material I plan to use.
The paint seems to hang well and the contrast between the two colors seems accurate to me (it a little dark on the picture, more orange IRL) :
20220912_195524.jpg

And a few additions to make the EFX helmet more comfortable to wear: cushions and chin guard.

That's all for today, still have plenty of little things to take care of but my build seems to be at 95 % of the work.

Does it look good ?

20220924_152035.jpg

Just some weathering of the soft parts with coal and a little ashes.

View attachment 229308View attachment 229309View attachment 229310
Everything looks awesome! I just ordered a grommet kit today. It terrifies me to tap into the flak but velcro is just not gonna cut it. Did you have to punch the holes or was the tool able to punch the material? Are you going to use anything as a backing plate for the armor pieces or are you rolling with the bolt method? Great work on this man.

Everything looks awesome! I just ordered a grommet kit today. It terrifies me to tap into the flak but velcro is just not gonna cut it. Did you have to punch the holes or was the tool able to punch the material? Are you going to use anything as a backing plate for the armor pieces or are you rolling with the bolt method? Great work on this man.
Thank you Hawk Fett !

The grommets kit I used has a little claw made on purpose with different tips to cut the hole first, then to fix the eyelets. This was the one :
boite-24-oeillets-8-mm-avec-outil-de-pose-argent.jpg

It is helpfull but you still need to hammer it quite hard to be sure the materiel is well cut, and then to secure the grommet. I broke it in the middle of the process...

As for the back of the plates, I used the bolt method as you can see. Flat head bolts stick super hard on the plastic with superglue 3 :
20220707_132820.jpg

Thank you Hawk Fett !

The grommets kit I used has a little claw made on purpose with different tips to cut the hole first, then to fix the eyelets. This was the one : View attachment 230030
It is helpfull but you still need to hammer it quite hard to be sure the materiel is well cut, and then to secure the grommet. I broke it in the middle of the process...

As for the back of the plates, I used the bolt method as you can see. Flat head bolts stick super hard on the plastic with superglue 3 :View attachment 230032
Awesome info Lemorseaplumes! Appreciate the detailed feedback. Excited to see how everything looks when your finished! Keep at it bro

Well, I was not happy with the rendering of my armor pieces after clear coat...

and after seeing the quality of certain paintjobs (the pre-pro 2 from Fettacini in particular wgich blowed my mind this afternoon) I decided that I had to, do better than my first attempts.
So after three hours of brushing and dabbing with humbrol 76 glycero paint, I came to this. And maybe I'm finally happy.. will see tomorrow on daylight.

20220930_230216.jpg

20220930_230111.jpg
20220930_230048.jpg

Well, I was not happy with the rendering of my armor pieces after clear coat...

and after seeing the quality of certain paintjobs (the pre-pro 2 from Fettacini in particular wgich blowed my mind this afternoon) I decided that I had to, do better than my first attempts.
So after three hours of brushing and dabbing with humbrol 76 glycero paint, I came to this. And maybe I'm finally happy.. will see tomorrow on daylight.

View attachment 230169
View attachment 230170View attachment 230171
Dude you are too kind! I really appreciate it! I have been painting for over 20 years and Boba definitely has a learning curve. I’m still not happy with my paint jobs and there are tons of people on here who are so much more talented than me. Your paint skills and building for that matter are top notch bro! Do not sell yourself short! Cool thing about life size props and cosplay is that you can always go back and repaint or tweak them. I have a set of armor I painted 4 times until I got it where I wanted! Helmets hcan be stripped and repainted so it’s never as permanent as one may think. Your song so damn well. Freaking awesome job so far !

Dude you are too kind! I really appreciate it! I have been painting for over 20 years and Boba definitely has a learning curve. I’m still not happy with my paint jobs and there are tons of people on here who are so much more talented than me. Your paint skills and building for that matter are top notch bro! Do not sell yourself short! Cool thing about life size props and cosplay is that you can always go back and repaint or tweak them. I have a set of armor I painted 4 times until I got it where I wanted! Helmets hcan be stripped and repainted so it’s never as permanent as one may think. Your song so damn well. Freaking awesome job so far !
Thank you a lot, Fettacini ! Community is indeed a big motivation through the many examples one can find here : as a newcomer, I enjoy reading others' build thread and there is a lot of positive emulation. I like to sculpt and build stuff but I must say I have never been comfortable with painting... Repaint again and again is my creed :)

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back