Hutt Family Workshop helmets history ( from paper to fiberglass and painted)

Thank you )

A small way to distract and take a break from everything related to helmets. I want to do an installation to decorate the room.

On time delivery metal ears for the next improve of the helmet.

11.jpg 22.jpg 33.jpg 34.jpg
35.jpg 36.jpg 37.jpg 38.jpg

I love every detail of your project, it looks like you really have invested some time finishing it. I wish I can also focus on my craft but then again my dog demands for too much attention that I feel like I need to invest on a pet feeder and drinkwell. Aside from that, I have work on weekdays.

Last edited:
lXDDfpNmfFw.jpg
I'm a little drowned in my work, so I'm just sleeping at home. But I find time to improve and develop my projects.

The first is the rangefinder, I'm not just making a new kits, I updated the molds so that improve the quality of castings. Now I need to check the quality of the casting of optical elements, and decide whether something needs to be changed or it is already possible to make a batch.

I got a set from MachineCraft Replicas, unfortunately they are not really fit to my helmet, but helmet can be little changed, not sure when I'll start, I'm still happy with my latest result. But I'm thinking to make a variant rangefinder compare with stalk from MachineCraft Replicas.

gk-r7_AYZok.jpg

Also was something printed on a polymer printer for me. When I get the print result on my hands, I can tell you more )

hdEDE_vPPZc.jpg
And one more thing, this is only a draft, but will be updated patch!

Hi there! I still go to work 16-18 hours a day, including travel time and have little time to rest, but it is necessary. In my spare time I continue to engage in a hobby.

33-kgbdLKRI.jpg uRlUAVcgoIQ.jpg

The metal ears, beautiful, but no not a little fit to my helmet, but I am very close ) is probably one of the next generation of helmet I can fix it, but now there is no moral strength to make such edits. But I am already making some minor corrections that I have identified in a few months of using the current mold.

NYJdK56DYsg.jpg

And else, in new year holidays I'll launch another run on Rangefinders kits with a new electronics three species, in including with the third diode. I remade all the molds, so that these kits have become more qualitative. As soon as I have the kits ready to be shipped, I'll open the run.

VR8okEhf2Pk.jpg

UPD, sorry wrong button (

Last edited:
I'm still alive )
Sorry to news and updates coming from me so seldom.
On new year's holidays there was a sufficient amount of time for some things. I made 5 helmets of the latest model. Two already booked. But three helmets in a good configuration I would like to offer here - with visors on screws, good RF and LED kits.
mINPsowceLc.jpgAXw9OjCTDYc.jpgHnw_7Mkx63M.jpgte4RwO67s9k.jpg
A new RF run is expected, I need to complete a few more stalks, had to update them.

There is also one excellent fiberglass helmet with metal stalk and top T-visor. It was planned to be painted, but I have some problems with the artists.

1Wo1fRu6PfI.jpgV2LEOZsPj5k.jpg

I left the ordering to one professional to manufacture a small batch LED on the basis of chip. Now they are almost ready, and there was one question - how warm or cold can be a white diode?
uO4XSM8BWQc.jpg W-YuZyDQJmk.jpg O7QzdoFM7LY.jpg

I actually now own a helmet you produced that I purchased from a member of TDH. After seeing the extreme dedication that you put into making this unique masterpiece, I could not be more proud to own it. You are an amazing artisan.

I am honored.

Juan

I actually now own a helmet you produced that I purchased from a member of TDH. After seeing the extreme dedication that you put into making this unique masterpiece, I could not be more proud to own it. You are an amazing artisan.

I am honored.

Juan
Thanks, it is very important to me) I'm really proud that someone likes what I'm doing. And it motivates me to improve my work.

This weekend I was finally able to meet with the artist, whom I met last may. And here is the first result of the work. Enamel, airbrush, there are comments on the colors and glossy lacquer. But we will work on the mistakes.
upload_2019-1-23_22-3-1.png

Maybe a blackwash would make it look less glossy but It looks good to me!

keep up the good work boss!
Thanks, it is very important to me) I'm really proud that someone likes what I'm doing. And it motivates me to improve my work.

This weekend I was finally able to meet with the artist, whom I met last may. And here is the first result of the work. Enamel, airbrush, there are comments on the colors and glossy lacquer. But we will work on the mistakes.
View attachment 171883
It just keeps getting better and better sir! Love the one I have!!!

Small update. I got my hands on some new LED kits from another master. It was a very long wait, but the result was worth it. They must pass completely for approve. Are Autonomous, work from CR2025 & 2032. This is the first variant, and they are only 7, still a few pieces by mistake and misunderstanding of the subtleties were provided with diodes of a different color and went to the rebuild. It's not exactly a budget option. But the cost may surprise you.

IMG_0515.JPG IMG_0519.JPG

Sorry, tomorrow I again go to work, instead of to finish rangefinders.

I've got something new.
I am working on improving the RF kit and now it will be even more canonical as much as possible. A lot of work on 3D modeling has been done and several small errors have been corrected.
As a basis for the geometry and correct size of the model I used RF model from RafalFett.
Now there will be several different options for ESB and ROTJ, and its be compatible with full metal fett and MachineCraft metal stalk.

eh784IgN2tA.jpg

_pK62EVSeko.jpg

08KqH3stKfk.jpg

I'll probably be done in July.

The process of creating a helmet model based on 3D scan. It turned out to be a very difficult and long process, there is still a lot to be done and redo and I thought I would have to remove the ears and then make them my hands.

jh4vFPOe57U.jpg c8QwZmDogKI.jpg il6meOUZlRw.jpg WgFAA_fzQAI.jpg CRuL44dz76E.jpg usOY1ANcwY4.jpg

New range finders. More accurate in size and shape. Now ESB and ROTJ different. In different photos and frames from the movies there are differences, I chose in my opinion the best appearance.

5NAR3B311No.jpg aH7Ld0JcObY.jpg nVsYccEeJgQ.jpg T6zrfZGoJUc.jpg YPRtTX2kHz8.jpg iblfL6aHA7Y.jpg

This is just the master model )

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back