Hutt Family Workshop helmets history ( from paper to fiberglass and painted)

IMG_0230.JPG
I'm preparing to take over the world!

Just finishing up my new rangefinder.

IMG_0205.JPG IMG_0206.JPG IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0237.JPG IMG_0238.JPG

Also i plans to remake the panel with a Casio and a month later, when I get vacation, i can to make a new helmet mold.

A bit of updates on the ROTJ helmet, this is still a test helmet of the previous generation. The new one remains a prototype until early July.
vUu46_7RTYc.jpg 5GNzHiV9D0Y.jpg Ac5wuf6LOrs.jpg d7vFG6Lft2o.jpg Lus-d5ONcBk.jpg

1EVJsFXEvHY.jpg iGNDzlIFZYY.jpg MxWw2JEuPdE.jpg FO-3m9njSlE.jpg

Very important event for me. My friend was able to make a portable flashing light for the RF top. This is still a rough draft, but I hope that we will make several such.

The video is a prototype of the budget version of the flashing light, a simple solution, without the use of micro transistors. This is a rough draft.

Against this background, my hollow stalk looks archaic, difficult and irrelevant.

IMG_0294.JPG IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0298.JPG

The new helmet is very soon, my vacation was postponed due to overload at work. But now I have already started working on mold.

In the meantime, a very important update.

The original Polaroid SX-70 I gave myself for my birthday. I was able to make a very high-quality replica of eyefinder, but the lens is not easy, I think I use the real ones that I ordered in China.

pola-1.jpg pola-2.jpg pola-3.jpg pola-4.jpg

Nice!! Isn't the black edition one of the rarer land cameras? I think the ones I've always been seeing people picking up are the brown SX-70s.

Nice!! Isn't the black edition one of the rarer land cameras? I think the ones I've always been seeing people picking up are the brown SX-70s.
I guess I was very lucky, I could not win anything at the auction for a long time, until I got this one, at a good price on eBay.

I was able to make a lens out of an optical epoxy, the quality is indistinguishable from the original, to every scratch. But the process is very long and technological. Even the silicone form wears out quickly, when using a resin with a long life time - two days before acceptable polymerization.

pola-5.jpg pola-6.jpg pola-7.jpg pola-8.jpg

Latest update. I remade the keyhole, I thought about it for a long time, knowing that there is a slight inaccuracy, due to the lack of a good tool to get a good result. I decided to conduct an expensive experiment, i use RafalFett pattern and developed a model in a 3D editor and turned to the Studio to create at polymer printer.

key111.JPG key112.jpg key116.jpg key117.jpg

It was not the first attempt, the first print was destroyed in the process. Next was the painstaking work to remove the copy and install in the helmet.

key115.JPG key113 копия.jpg key114.JPG key118.jpg key119.jpg

It also did not result on the first attempt and I have several times all redone, the benefit I can make this parts of many times. Thanks again RafalFett for his excellent patterns. Now I'm starting to create a mold.

I'm sorry for the slow work. This helmet was for me something like the meaning of life. I had to be sure that in this model I would embody all my skills and make it very close to the original.

Today I received a low-profile servo ordered in China, which I plan to use in my helmets. Made a small stand to check how everything will work and even tried the way to mount the stalk to the shaft. I am very pleased with the result.
IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG IMG_0066.JPG

Just look at how it works under Arduino control and a primitive program.

I'm happy to announce that my work has attracted some great people to help me, and together we'll be called Hutt Family Workshop.

12-21.jpg

I finished the helmet on which I worked for a long time, I'm quite happy with the result, especially the fact that I was able to make a flat area for ear fastening. And even increased the size of the and remade many little things. Work on the helmet will continue and it will gradually improve, but for now I'm wondering how it will look painted.

1111.jpg 1112.jpg 1113.jpg

Soon I will show many more good photos of the new helmet made of fiberglass.

That is a FANTASTIC LOOKING HELMET !!! I especially like the side view, it reminds me slightly of a GMH along the bottom edge but this helmet has better lines. The front has a subtle flare but not as much as some helmets. I haven't been involved in the Fett World here long enough to contribute much, but in my opinion, This helmet has balance.
It looks as though good parts from several of the great helmets you find here have come together in this helmet !! Great Job Crafting this piece of art !!!!
I cant wait to see this helmet in it's finished form !!!

My friend is working on a fixed and improved LED kit v.0.2, now he will be more stable in work. Two more fiberglass helmets were sent for painting, one ESB and one ROTJ.
KC0frmXdc5Q.jpg
I also received my first personal patches and will make them as a gift to any order.
oH4bgAk2TkQ.jpg
I gave two complete fiberglass helmets to two artists, one ESB, the same one that I painted before, but it will be very long, a person no longer has such a lot of free time. Another ROTJ, to another artist, trial painting I posted earlier.
r5cIRwujPRY.jpg 672kw8LgP8o.jpg
The photo is a test sample and we decided that it's time to do everything for real )
GW5WNGLzPIk.jpg

Outstanding work Uhbif.
This is a really impressive helmet you made!
Will there be a run for the raw cast helmet without painting? Any ideas for a price, yet?

Outstanding work Uhbif.
This is a really impressive helmet you made!
Will there be a run for the raw cast helmet without painting? Any ideas for a price, yet?
Thank you for the kind words )
You surprised me with that question. Now I need to make some more fiberglass helmets for people who have been waiting for a long time. I've only made two helmets so far. I didn't really think about running on a helmet, I love what I do, and for this helmet I'm not ashamed, but I'm afraid that it may be no one needs and my run will be empty.
As you look at the price -150 for assembled helmet with visor? Shipping cost - 40$ (EMS delivery).

Made more good photos of the new helmet, this is the third helmet made of fiberglass based epoxy.
11011.jpg 11012.jpg 11013.jpg 11014.jpg
11015.jpg 11016.jpg
Visor is now attached to the screws, I still continue to experiment with epoxy glue, but the result is very happy.
11017.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back