General gablesz WIP

I gave myself a year to build this. Figure by Halloween 2018 will be my goal.

I’m slotting over the year up to $3000 to 4000 to complete. Hopefully less. Just get it piece by piece...

I do have one question. To get approved does the paint job have to match or just look professional?

Thanks

I gave myself a year to build this. Figure by Halloween 2018 will be my goal.

I’m slotting over the year up to $3000 to 4000 to complete. Hopefully less. Just get it piece by piece...

I do have one question. To get approved does the paint job have to match or just look professional?

Thanks
Definitely a good budget to have! You will get to a nice place with that budget.

And that's actually a really interesting question. For approval in the 501st you must meet their standards written into the CRL. So I'm sure you have probably checked out the CRL page for boba fett ESB. If you read through that the CRL has certain "check" boxes for what you need. For fett many of these are actually pertaining to the paint job. In theory you should be able to fulfil the written crl statements and get approved but it's also impossible for me to tell you wether or not you will or won't get approved due to the GML process. I've seen Fetts with "inaccurate" damage be approved and Fetts with very accurate damage and paint be sent back because they need one scratch here or one scratch there. In many cases I find that it's the lienency or lack there of of your GML that will decide this. It's a good idea if you haven't to get involved with your local 501st Garrison forum, meet your GML and just ask these questions.

All that being said I believe that Fett has one of the hardest and most important paint jobs of any character in the 501 because it's so unique and so detailed you can really notice when it's off. The paint job does a lot to make the kit come to life.

Toeleven strikes again! More progress on the bucket.

IMG_6976.JPG

IMG_6977.JPG

IMG_6978.JPG

Been doing some more work on weathering. I can't seem to ever get this perfect. The colors change with every different lighting scenario.

So I did some more dirt on the lower leg into the boot and darkened my boots a lot too.

IMG_7060.JPG

Maybe I can get some of your opinion on this. My struggle to find a good weather continues. So this is from left to right- Direct sun, Shade, indoor. I almost want to go darker blacker on the lower legs for the direct sun photo but it's crazy how dark I get in the other photos.

Also.. shout out to my changing color flight suit. Like magic from blue to tan lol.

IMG_7063.JPG

Alright I decided with the recent news about man of war to pick me up a wool cape from him. I’ve been using canvas till now so this is my first experience with wool. I do find the wool lays better and flows better than the canvas.

65FD0721-4305-4965-92DB-93F401BF7C7A.jpeg

4D18750B-D617-4212-B57C-9FA5366F7881.jpeg

Alright here’s some photos of the woodmans cape on me vs the man of war cape on me. Note I’ve no shoes on so I’m flat footing it and I also don’t have the backplate on these are things I think could change the length of it.

I’m 5’6” tall and so I’m thinking with these photos I’m not sure the MOW swill work for me or not.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back