Found Parts | Pre-Pro. 2 Greeblies; Jetpack Greeblie

Brokk

Active Hunter
Hello Hunters,

While the world seems to be going through strange times, the power of our hobby keeps us sane while we go insane over perfecting our builds. The Pre-Pro 2 Fett variant has grown to be my most favorite version of Boba, but specifically the flame thrower has been such a fascination of mine. Other than the paint colors and damage, the flame thrower and left gauntlet are the trademark features that set the suit apart.

In the making of the BHG CRL for the Pre-Production #2 suit, research spearheaded by jbdubz has led him and I to discover some parts that have been a mystery. A big thanks to Art Andrews for confirming the them.

1593753374848.png

1.) The "Flamer Tail"
Jb found this part which kick started the rest. The "flamer tail" is the main body of the flamers rear assembly. It is a pneumatic device that has an adjustable stem to regulate flow volumes with a tamper proof nut that prevents tampering after proper adjustment is achieved. Material is brass.

It's produced Kuhnke, type 47.220

1593753467973.png
1593753519241.png

2.)"Tube eatter"
Soon after, it was obvious the other attachments were separate and it was not all one piece. I noticed a similar looking piece while browsing the manufacture's parts. The official name was "Banjo coupling", which holds a a 5 x 1 tube. The cylinder acts as a clamp to press the tubing against the male insert; while the banjo coupling itself screws into M5 hole on top of the 47.220 (flamer tail).

Kuhnke 50.130; brass, for 5 x 1 tubing
1593754956132.png
1593754994085.png

3.) Reducing Nipple Bolt (G 1/8 to M5)
Lastly, the flamer tail screws to this as the base of the flamer's tube via M5 hole.

Kuhnke 50.052
1593755551333.png
1593755576077.png

Everything together:
1593756001046.png

20200703_125354.jpg
20200703_125411.jpg
20200703_125448.jpg
20200703_125603.jpg

The Jetpack Greeblie

1.) That red thing
We've all seen it, but for those who don't know, most of the jetpacks have one reoccurring greeblie that everyone asks about. The other two are known.
1593756564347.png
1593756690276.png

jbdubz discovered this part, which is a pneumatic quick release coupling. Which "are often referred to as quick connect or disconnect couplings; the self-sealing mechanism provides rapid connectivity for pressurised air lines without the requirement of firstly exhausting line pressure. They are ideal for applications where connection and disconnection is continuous, depressurisation of the device or potential wear and tear would otherwise be a problem, some good examples are air tools or pneumatic testing equipment."

Kuhnke 50 Series Pneumatic Quick Release Couplings - 50.061.02 (RED)
1593756981836.png

Attachments

• 1593756658151.png
    1593756658151.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
The more details revealed on the various Fetts, the more amazing it is that so much time was spent in details that wouldn't really show on screen. Mind blown!
As a kid I remember seeing the pictures of the pre-pro 2 with the flame attachment extended like this. Back then I assumed when Fett wasn't using it, it would retract into the gauntlet when not in use.

First post updated with pictures.
--
Awesome research! Sadly the day we will identify all the parts and pieces of the suit, that day the mystery of the character will fade...

Thank you, it would've have happend without Jb's help. & That maybe true for the hardcore enthusiast, but I feel it's left up to the wearer to preserve the mystery by emulating the likeness of how the character is.

Thanks for posting the HD blue prints

--

The more details revealed on the various Fetts, the more amazing it is that so much time was spent in details that wouldn't really show on screen. Mind blown!
As a kid I remember seeing the pictures of the pre-pro 2 with the flame attachment extended like this. Back then I assumed when Fett wasn't using it, it would retract into the gauntlet when not in use.

Ya there's something about the Pre Pro 2 flame thrower. Its minimalistic- tubing, a nozzle and thick wire... It's simply badass

I JUST posted about the quick-disconnect. So many of them out there, but none look like this - thank you so much for the information!

now who wants to split an order with me!?! Hahahaha!

I will be placing an order for Boochman and I soon. If you are stateside and want it, let me know ASAP. We are splitting shipping and then he is paying for shipping to him from me. Right now we are at about $40 each for one shipped. Price will come down with a couple more orders to offset the $30 in shipping from the UK.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back