CA Boots now cost $140

GCNgamer128 said:
I'd say out of the material they used, they were worth $30 shipped.

*blink*

*blink*

a pair of chuck taylors at the mall costs more than that.

i can't remember the last time i've bought a pair of decent boots that was less than $100.

ah well, to each his own. when i finally wear out my existing caboots fetts, i'll probably get another pair. unless of course a nice set of cheng boots in my size comes up somewhere.

of course, those usually sell for $200+, and the materials probably only cost $50... ;)

GCNgamer128 said:
I'd say out of the material they used, they were worth $30 shipped.

Shall we start a Petition Thread?

basically.

i'm one for it.

some of these other people don't seem to mind throwing away the money,

c'mon people. $100-->$140?

i can see a slight increase, okay. maybe the material cost went up....but ENOUGH to charge another $40 to make up for it :rolleyes

I owned a pair for a week, maybe i got a bad pair, because a lot of people on here think they are a gift from God. all i know is the heel couldn't support my weight as i felt unbalanced the whole time wearing them, and i'm not a big person. I'm only 183. and on here we have Fetts of all shapes and sizes

-=QuinN!

CombatBaby said:
i can see a slight increase, okay. maybe the material cost went up....but ENOUGH to charge another $40 to make up for it :rolleyes

specialty items are always expensive than common ones.

i've been involved in the goth/industrial/fetish type club scene for years... people will regularly spend $500 on a rubber dress, or $300 on some nice big stompy boots. i've had friends drop a grand on an outfit to wear out clubbing 2-3 times. it's the same thing... if you want something that few other people want, you pay a lot more for it.

i think that's what confuses me so much about when people expect prop/costume/replica items to be so reasonably priced. if they were selling a million pairs of fett boots, they'd be $30. if they sell 100 a year, they have to charge more $$ to make it worth doing. i'd rather see the price go up than the product go away.

CombatBaby said:
I owned a pair for a week, maybe i got a bad pair, because a lot of people on here think they are a gift from God. all i know is the heel couldn't support my weight as i felt unbalanced the whole time wearing them, and i'm not a big person. I'm only 183. and on here we have Fetts of all shapes and sizes

maybe you did get a bad pair. mine fit and feel like comfortable sneakers, even with 2" lifts inside. to date, the longest continuous distance i've walked in them was a 2.5 mile autism research walk.

last weekend i had them on for around 6 hours straight at one point, then a few hours off, followed by more time in them.

in general, i think they are a good product, and i've yet to see a well constructed fett boot available for less. or even comparable.

I do love my CA boots, I got a great pair, and like TK-7602 I wear the constantly. Kids at school say, "Wtf are those?" In response. "Those are my Boba Fett boots."

tk7602 said:
funny side note about regular shoes... i was talking with a guest at the museum of science troop i was at this weekend about shoes, since she was wearing the same boots that i have:

sch320526_black_m.jpg

her comment was "it's funny that your fett shoes actually seem MORE practical than what you'll put on later"

:)

and then it got me thinking that the toe-kicks on the new rocks could easily be modded to have some boba spike action going on!

Hey Christi, those look like yours :lol:

CombatBaby said:
c'mon people. $100-->$140?

How often do their listings for these sell on eBay? The ones I've followed never sold. Has there been a sudden increase in demand for these lately or a supply shock in the materials required to build these? If both of the answers are "no," well then
36_6_11.gif

I'm up for a petition. This almsot seems like price gauging.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame. :facepalm I was going to buy one too, but had to wait for pay day. If they went back to $100, who would definantly buy one? If we made a list of people who would buy one, maybe they would be inclined to cut us a deal. Having a bunch of people gaurantee to buy rather than no one is strong case that may sway them. Interested anyone?

I'm up for signing a Petition, since I still need a pair of Fett Boots.

I find it wrong that they would raise the price so much, especially since from some of the comments it sounds like they aren't all that great, as far as quality goes!

I lucked out. I got a new pair of CA boots for $100 shipped and they had been weathered by the previous owner! :D

I love them and would buy another pair (even at $140) if I have to replace them.

It may just be a marketing scheme, make the price go up for a while make everyone want them but not want to buy them cuz of the price, then when they go back down to $100 it suddenly doesnt't sound so bad so everyone will buy them. As for me, I'm due for a new pair of shoes, in which case my old ones will become my Boba Fett boots.

propsculptor said:
I'm up for signing a Petition, since I still need a pair of Fett Boots.

I find it wrong that they would raise the price so much, especially since from some of the comments it sounds like they aren't all that great, as far as quality goes!

My idea is making an interest list of atleast 10 people, so that i could show caboots. It's not really so much of a petition. I would be willing to contact them myself. If anyone is interested in taking part in this. Just send me your name and email address so i can compile them together. I'll tell them that we are willing to buy only if they give us this $100 price. The only condition is that we all must buy. If this doesn't convince them...well atleast we tried. (Also if this goes against the posting rules on thedentedhelmet. I apologize in advance and will delete this post at your request.)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back