CA Boots now cost $140

Well, herd back from management and there solution was to fix the price on there website to match the $140 price tag, according to them the manufacturer raised the price so they had to do the same. Apparently Boba boots are made of crude oil! LOL :)

Oh well, not much I can do... it just sucks because the price difference would pay for boot toe spikes almost! :cry

evan4218 said:
Well, herd back from management and there solution was to fix the price on there website to match the $140 price tag, according to them the manufacturer raised the price so they had to do the same. Apparently Boba boots are made of crude oil! LOL :)

Oh well, not much I can do... it just sucks because the price difference would pay for boot toe spikes almost! :cry

Man... a $40 increase. Ouch! :facepalm

well people

just don't buy them, first off, they are far too innaccurate to sell for $100.
At least for something that isn't complete.

It's not like a kit you pay $100 for and when you are done it's worth $250 because you assembled and painted it.

It's a pair of boots. That only fit people of your size.

Yeah, sure the spraypaint and weathering should cost you more than $10 to do, but do you want to pay $140 NOW for something that you still had to do the same amount of work to before? And have it still only be worth $150 if anything you REALLY liked came out?

Yeah, i hated my CAs, and my scratch builds off Ronin's thread are a million times better, and worthwhile since I got to make them with materials <$30, $20 being the base boot and sandle

-=QuinN!

I think there a good starter boot if you dont currently have the time to do a scratch build. I plan on scratch build in the future but for now... I am content with the CA boots. I do agree, if you can help it, dont buy from them, esspecialy now that they raised the price!!!

i love my CA boots... looks aside, they are VERY comfortable to wear. this weekend i had them on for 3 hours friday, 6 hours saturday and about 8 hours sunday, and my feet were still nice and happy :)

All in all there not bad, but some folks (the hard core fett heads) get bugged out by there inaccurate look. It just comes down to if you want to scratch build your own or not. I am so busy with helmets, armor and other things, I cant take on building my own shoes. Some day though.

yeah, it's all priorities. the closer to eye level it is, the more attention i pay to it.

since i'm not doing many boba fett roundhouse kicks, my shoes are pretty low on the list ;)

tk7602 said:
yeah, it's all priorities. the closer to eye level it is, the more attention i pay to it.

since i'm not doing many boba fett roundhouse kicks, my shoes are pretty low on the list ;)

Bingo!!!!

wickedbeard said:
Accurate or not,I don't even pay that much for my regular kicks.That is absurd.

funny side note about regular shoes... i was talking with a guest at the museum of science troop i was at this weekend about shoes, since she was wearing the same boots that i have:

sch320526_black_m.jpg

her comment was "it's funny that your fett shoes actually seem MORE practical than what you'll put on later"

:)

and then it got me thinking that the toe-kicks on the new rocks could easily be modded to have some boba spike action going on!

Well my next project for myself after I finish my predator outfit, is the all black custom that I saw on another thread.I love that look, and i will change a few things to satisfy my taste.No fett boots required, haha I can just go with some used black boots.
I think the black fett looks awesome next to vader.

tk7602 said:
funny side note about regular shoes... i was talking with a guest at the museum of science troop i was at this weekend about shoes, since she was wearing the same boots that i have:

sch320526_black_m.jpg

her comment was "it's funny that your fett shoes actually seem MORE practical than what you'll put on later"

:)

and then it got me thinking that the toe-kicks on the new rocks could easily be modded to have some boba spike action going on!
holy hell, thats is exactly what i would need for my black custom.Where did you see those puppies.I would where those everywhere.

So, I still have no boots...
and I sure dont want o pay $140 for them!

any suggestions? anyone?

I was looking on the Converse web site you can actually create your own shoes... exactly to the colors you want... I was playing around with it and you can make shes that are really darn close to Fett colors (without the side black parts).

How close do you think the converse shoes come to Boba's if I use them as a base?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back