Boba Fett ESB Helmet Ultimate Stencils

This was the culmination of madness:
ESB Ultra Stencils Right Back Panel.png

I have worked on this for at least a couple of weeks, around 2-3 hours a day.

I also did the lower cheeks:
ESB Ultra Stencils Lower Cheeks.png

I had a bit of fun with the left cheek, especially the darker gray area (it has some under layers visible thanks to my RS helmet).

This was the culmination of madness:
View attachment 220378

I have worked on this for at least a couple of weeks, around 2-3 hours a day.

I also did the lower cheeks:
View attachment 220379

I had a bit of fun with the left cheek, especially the darker gray area (it has some under layers visible thanks to my RS helmet).
You are the undisputed master. I've literally put my lineage build on hold in anticipation for this. I can't give you enough praise and thanks man for what you're giving to this community.

You are the undisputed master. I've literally put my lineage build on hold in anticipation for this. I can't give you enough praise and thanks man for what you're giving to this community.

Thanks for the kind words! It might take some time before I finish all the areas of the helmet and prepare them to be posted.

Am i doing something wrong? I have a MF lineage cast and the stencils don't fit at all. I've tried 100% 100,4% 100,5% 101% and 102%.

Have only tried the mandibles but if i get the length of the mandibles correct the ear length is way too big and the width is too thick.

The latest print had the ear piece length too long but the mandibles too short.. Very strange

Here are some photos I took a while ago with my RS helmet covered with the cut-out ultimate stencils (these were printed with the fit to page option):
20220111_183808.jpg 20220111_183823.jpg 20220111_183848.jpg 20220111_183902.jpg 20220111_183939.jpg 20220111_183950.jpg 20220111_184027.jpg

It's a 99,5% fit, which is more than enough to line up all the major shapes. There are some small modifications I did for the ultra stencils that will increase the accuracy of the overall shapes.

You should always print the stencils with the fit to page (or fit to printer margins or similar) selection, because when this option is selected in the printer dialogue, the black border should be visible around all sides. The MF and WF helmets are somewhere 3-4, maybe 5 generation casts, while the MC-ESB and RS helmets are 2nd generation casts; the shrinkage is increased with each generation in comparison to the original helmet.

If it was only as simple as print and taping.

I wouldn’t be surprised if in the near future you’d be able to print a helmet based off your stencils on a new type of printer at home much like how MR and eFx have them done in a factory.

Here are some photos I took a while ago with my RS helmet covered with the cut-out ultimate stencils (these were printed with the fit to page option):
View attachment 221524 View attachment 221525 View attachment 221526 View attachment 221527 View attachment 221528 View attachment 221529 View attachment 221530

It's a 99,5% fit, which is more than enough to line up all the major shapes. There are some small modifications I did for the ultra stencils that will increase the accuracy of the overall shapes.

You should always print the stencils with the fit to page (or fit to printer margins or similar) selection, because when this option is selected in the printer dialogue, the black border should be visible around all sides. The MF and WF helmets are somewhere 3-4, maybe 5 generation casts, while the MC-ESB and RS helmets are 2nd generation casts; the shrinkage is increased with each generation in comparison to the original helmet.
Looks awesome but does not work for me unfortunately. I give up i'll just have to cut and move them accordingly :p

Printed at 100,3% scale the left back panel matches almost perfectly to size but the right one at the same scale is way off. too short and too wide at the same time. Super strange. Same thing happened with the cheeks and mandibles. Some parts of the print matched almost perfectly and others were way off even though it's the same print for example the length of the mandible was correct but the ear platform was wayyy too long. So my printer must be terrible, stretching and tweaking the image incorrectly because this ain't matching up.

Are you using the correct page format for printing? The LTR if you are in North America and the A4 if you are in the majority of the other countries. I saw that you are located in Iceland, so you should use the A4 format.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back