Boba Fett ESB Helmet Ultimate Stencils

The scenes outside the torture chamber and in the carbon freeze have them:
The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 4K.mkv_20210520_181903.185.png

The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 4K.mkv_20210520_183056.225.png

If fairness I think the scratches on my bucket may be a bit too prominent/thick compared to these references, but they are there.

On the list for my adjustments in any case!

Ultra stencils???

After I did the ears stencils from scratch I realized how well it looks next to my old stencils:
ESB Left Ear Comp.png

The killstripe/dent area took me more than a week to redraw all the scratches seen on the hero helmet. I'm not sure I will finish all the areas of the helmet, but I'll do my best to do as much as I can.

The only big difference between the ultimate and the ultra is that the later is more detailed, but I doubt someone will replicate this at a mIcro level.

Last edited:
While comparing the cheeks to the old stencils and such, the upper RF side of the cheeks (black area) the damage doesnt line up with the lower cheek in the middle.... the upper is about 120% scale in the blob area where it meets the lower cheek... new vs old. Also looks like some detail was lost in translation?
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

While comparing the cheeks to the old stencils and such, the upper RF side of the cheeks (black area) the damage doesnt line up with the lower cheek in the middle.... the upper is about 120% scale in the blob area where it meets the lower cheek... new vs old. Also looks like some detail was lost in translation?
View attachment 218933View attachment 218934

Thanks again for the heads-up, Dom. I'll look into this tomorrow.

Holy cow dude, I NEED this in my life! Will these have their own thread when done, or will they just be uploaded to post #1 here?

Maybe both variants in this thread, but we'll see.

Are the separations in your stencils the same order in which you believe the helmet was originally painted? For example, bright silver and base grey are some of the last pages in the back plates file, I'd always just assumed they were the first.

Are the separations in your stencils the same order in which you believe the helmet was originally painted? For example, bright silver and base grey are some of the last pages in the back plates file, I'd always just assumed they were the first.

No, they are not. I added them from the biggest color surface to the smallest color surface.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back