2021 Zam Build WIP

0BF9760D-82B6-4E6A-A001-18CA9D257744.jpeg
B8CEEC91-B575-4C11-ADB6-2D4DC010A6A3.jpeg
C310787F-25D6-4BC5-B3DC-8C5ECC630122.jpeg

My belt situation here is just for test fitting purposes, but I got the vest all laced up! I will eventually be airbrushing it a little to mute the color, but this was just too exciting not to share.

Thanks everyone! This weekend I ordered the Bushnell binoculars for her helmet and the tubes needed for the midsection. Currently looking for someone to machine a blaster rather than 3D printing one. If anyone here has a lead on that, please message me!

Haven't posted any updated in a hot minute. I've been working on the cummerbund for the past few weeks with a lot of trial and error samples. I think I finally figured out the technicalities of it and will be giving it another shot this weekend. In the meantime, I put together the beads for her belt today. The spacers look very silver in this photo, but they are a darker gunmetal in person.

I also picked up a pair of binoculars and took them apart. I made a list of all the little helmet pieces I need to purchase to put the binocs together. Hopefully will have more progress to show soon!

IMG_0409.jpg

39304C78-788D-466D-82A5-026D04E2DA85.jpeg
3C9D2948-15BA-4807-840B-A41B9FA54DDF.jpeg

A couple new updates! The speed hooks on my cummerbund took three tries (and three different types of speed hooks) to get right, but it’s finally done! Here’s a photo of the back. I ended up having to remake the short piece of the cummerbund because it was too roomy on me. I should have updates in the coming weeks on my armor parts. I’ve disassembled the Bushnell binoculars and made a parts list to pick up everything needed for the armatures. It’s coming along, slowly but surely!

Your fabric is perfect, can I ask where it's from?
I found it locally, but I did buy way more than I needed since I knew it would take me some trial/error to get it right. If I don't end up using all of it by the end of my build, I'll DM you to see if you want to take my extra yardage. I'm contemplating making one more pair of pants just as a backup.

6191FC9B-6DA7-4783-88D0-A7D3BD0F4EF4.jpeg

Exciting mail day! I just got these blaster parts today. I didn’t initially plan on printing the blaster, but I haven’t been able to find anyone willing to machine the parts and I think this will do just fine. Looking forward to painting this and making the holster.

I found it locally, but I did buy way more than I needed since I knew it would take me some trial/error to get it right. If I don't end up using all of it by the end of my build, I'll DM you to see if you want to take my extra yardage. I'm contemplating making one more pair of pants just as a backup.
That's such a lucky find! I'd be happy to take any access yardage off you!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back