New Target Boba Fett helmet released

Could somebody describe how to take this helmet apart? The ear pieces on mine are somewhat loose, and I want to take it apart to re-glue it.

Thanks.

I just jimmied a flat-head screwdriver underneath the ears and pried them off. They pop right off, so don't worry. After that, you just pull the tabs apart that are holding the front half and the back half together.

Also, I ordered the $6 Staples welding visor as the visor replacement for mine: HIGH PERFORMANCE® Dark Green Propionate Face Shield Visor, 8 in (H) x 16 1/2 in (W) x 0.06 in (T) | Staples®'

Almost done filing/sanding out the remains of the uber-brittle stock visor, and then I'll figure out the best way to mount this new one.

SB

EDIT: Some photos of the faceplate before/after primer. Still need to file some more, it seems.

Raw.jpg

Primed1.jpg

Primed2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just jimmied a flat-head screwdriver underneath the ears and pried them off. They pop right off, so don't worry. After that, you just pull the tabs apart that are holding the front half and the back half together.

Also, I ordered the $6 Staples welding visor as the visor replacement for mine: HIGH PERFORMANCE® Dark Green Propionate Face Shield Visor, 8 in (H) x 16 1/2 in (W) x 0.06 in (T) | Staples®'

Almost done filing/sanding out the remains of the uber-brittle stock visor, and then I'll figure out the best way to mount this new one.

SB

EDIT: Some photos of the faceplate before/after primer. Still need to file some more, it seems.

Raw.jpg

Primed1.jpg

Primed2.jpg
Looks very nice! I'm about to paint my faceplate, but I think I'm gonna keep the visor and chrome the inside of it.

For a custom mando, of course.

Sent from my SM-G900P

I got one through ebay. It should arrive next week. It was way cheaper than using any other resend service. You said the dent and the rangefinder incl. stalk are not really acurate. How is the dent of the Hasbro ones? Could i use it, for building an acurate Boba Helmet?

Hows come? Traditionally it is green that is used

Negative...However, I cannot find the thread, but the correct visor was in fact a smoked visor, not a green tint. Someone here please link the thread that corroborates this. I was on the verge of installing a green tinted visor a few years ago when this discovery came up. Also, check this reference:
Definitely not a green tinted visor here on the original.

I got one through ebay. It should arrive next week. It was way cheaper than using any other resend service. You said the dent and the rangefinder incl. stalk are not really acurate. How is the dent of the Hasbro ones? Could i use it, for building an acurate Boba Helmet?
The dent is more accurate on the hasbro Helmet, but neither can be called totally accurate. Though, the Rubies is BY FAR the all around more accurate helmet.

The hasbro dome is split in half, so you'd have a hard time combining the two. Also, the hasbro helmets can be hard to come by these days. Which is most unfortunate.

Sent from my SM-G900P

My only trouble is how do I get my hands on one, I have had no luck so far finding someone who could send me one via PayPal payment and eBay is too expensive.

Like crazy level scalping.

My only trouble is how do I get my hands on one, I have had no luck so far finding someone who could send me one via PayPal payment and eBay is too expensive.

Like crazy level scalping.
Hmm... yeah, I could see how that would be a problem. I'm sure someone will do it for you. I'd offer, but I'm in school right now so I don't really have the means to do so.

Sent from my SM-G900P

The dent is more accurate on the hasbro Helmet, but neither can be called totally accurate. Though, the Rubies is BY FAR the all around more accurate helmet.

The hasbro dome is split in half, so you'd have a hard time combining the two. Also, the hasbro helmets can be hard to come by these days. Which is most unfortunate.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Thank you! The i will give it a try, to cast the dent from the hasbro and use it on the new one.

Hmm... yeah, I could see how that would be a problem. I'm sure someone will do it for you. I'd offer, but I'm in school right now so I don't really have the means to do so.

Sent from my SM-G900P

As in you're at school at that current time or can't at all, haha.
If you could by any chance just pm me, other then that I need to hope it comes to Au.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back