New Target Boba Fett helmet released

Thanks! I tried emailing them but got no response, so thank you!

No problem. Here is the email I just got from them.

"Hi Richard, thanks for checking with us! We've actually determined the Slim Deluxe visor is the best fit for the new Target helmet. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Abbie
t-visor.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I just jimmied a flat-head screwdriver underneath the ears and pried them off. They pop right off, so don't worry. After that, you just pull the tabs apart that are holding the front half and the back half together.

Also, I ordered the $6 Staples welding visor as the visor replacement for mine: HIGH PERFORMANCE® Dark Green Propionate Face Shield Visor, 8 in (H) x 16 1/2 in (W) x 0.06 in (T) | Staples®'

Almost done filing/sanding out the remains of the uber-brittle stock visor, and then I'll figure out the best way to mount this new one.

SB

EDIT: Some photos of the faceplate before/after primer. Still need to file some more, it seems.

Raw.jpg

Primed1.jpg

Primed2.jpg

When you paint your helmet, do you sand the entire helmet? or did you just leave it as it?

Mine finally arrived in the UK

figured this helmet was good one to try out painting my first Boba Fett helmet on

decided to go the spray paint & maskol route with mine (wouldn't know where to start with an airbrush)

I seem to have spent twice as much on paint as on the helmet :lol:

I've given the whole thing a light sanding ready for priming

those that have painted these did you paint the 3 main parts seperately or as a single helmet?

my plan is to paint the 3 main pieces seperatly to reduce masking etc & then assemble

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

is the visor glued or held in by pressure in the helmet? and has anyone tried removing the visor without damaging it, and has anyone tried to remove the visor from the inside?
I just got my helmet and unfortunately has a small hair line crack, and will try to see if my Target has Fett helmet to do an exchange for undamaged helmet.

But I like the visors thickness, the visor is very stable and would love to remove it without damaging it to tint the visor.

It is really glued in there ,It took me a couple hours removing the visor but I know it was the right decision. The stock visor will break on you, I would dremel it out and put a new one in that is already tinted and better quality.

is the visor glued or held in by pressure in the helmet? and has anyone tried removing the visor without damaging it, and has anyone tried to remove the visor from the inside?
I just got my helmet and unfortunately has a small hair line crack, and will try to see if my Target has Fett helmet to do an exchange for undamaged helmet.

But I like the visors thickness, the visor is very stable and would love to remove it without damaging it to tint the visor.
I smashed mine out and filed the edges off. Took around 15 minutes

Sent from my SM-G900P

Wish I would have done that. I was trying to keep it in one piece for a template and then said screw it and started snapping it off and sanding the edges smooth. Filing the edges would have been so much easier

If you want a template, it's usually best to make one before doing anything to the visor. Not that you can't get by without it, but I find it helps that way! I made mine by piecing together paper and tape and kept adding and trimming until it was just right and transferred it over to card stock. It takes a little time, but I know it'll come in handy.

I still haven't decided how I want to tackle it just yet. I'm sure I'll take it all out and file it down, it's just that I feel the thickness of the "lip" is a little too much because I don't want the mandibles to look thicker than they already are by insetting the new visor further. It does look like there's a slight "notch" on the inside, though, so maybe if I trim it just right I might be able to set the face shield almost flush with the rest of it. Then again, maybe I'm just being too paranoid! lol

SO, I decided to paint mine...

I used garbage spray on metallic that wouldn't dry, then painted on my maskol, then painted WAY too dark of a grey on. Then I touched it before it was dry.

Then I started taking the maskol off before it was dry. Then messed that up horribly and started getting mad. So I decided to strip all the paint off... with gasoline.

It was taking too long so I gave it an overnight gasoline bath. My faceplate is no more.

Moral: don't hurriedly work overtired after a 6 hour drive home...

Sent from my SM-G900P

Update on buying the helmet:

Target is not getting new stock again. If it doesn't have it, it will not have it.

This is majorly disappointing.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back