My Zam so far....

yup..gloves are not easy thats for sure...when i redid my anakin rubies gauntlet that was bad enough trying to get it back together...thats why i grabbed the ones from the department store here...i though i sent you guys a pair? those are the ones i used

Hi Cressie (I'm John's, Becky's better fraction) the harness is just 1inch webbing and then the same thickness black elastic sewn in sections to help it stretch around her.
The leather panel bits are left over sections that came from Tandy for he skirt etc.

You can find that kind of stuff on ebay or in any habberdashery (great word). Usually sold in metres

oh yes, tomorrow sees the final steps in Becky's Zam. I'm off to the seamstress to finish the vest then it's back here to spray them all and put the eyelets in. I'll wait for Friday to airbrush them all when Becky's here

How exciting. I don't she realises how close she is . He he

Getting closer

All holes punched and I didn't fancy a headless horseman type photo so I can only hope it looks as good on Becky as it does on me ;)

vest-before-spraying-.gif

All that's left to do now is cut holes for the hoses and harness thingy, spray this, the belt and a spare set of gloves and she's a good un. he he heeeeee

You look lovely John. :D :lol: :lol:

The vest looks great too btw! Think it'll look better on Becky though! ;) I'm excited to see the whole thing put together! (y)

Ta. Yep, it's only one layer JD.

I sat up late last night and thought stuff it, I'm finishing this. It's only one layer and atm laced together with thick sewing thread to get the idea. It should fit Becky nice as the lady in the shop is a similar size. She just helped me put the shoulder things on and then I did the rest.

It's folded back on itself where the rivet eyelts are and the rest of it is just facing that's glued back on itself. Seamstress' idea, and it's a good one!

well it looks fantastic in the pictures...i know from what ive seen in the dcb disk the vest does appear to have a lot more weight to it...a much thicker material than the 2 oz pigskin i bought...it also seams to have two layers to it..it just seems to be more like my motorcycle vest in thickness in the pictures...i too went with one layer and folded the edges back on themself and glued them...looks good but i think i may have a professional leather maker do one up for jamie some day that is a heavier weight and that has a more solid look to it

I dunno if it is 2 layers see. I'll have to look again.
It looks like its folded back on itself to help strengthen the eyelet line and seams but I dunno. Ours looks cool anyway so I'm happy with that :)

ya me too...i think the one we have going is plenty good for now...im thinking upgrades...if you check pictures....

4218 and 4360 you can actually see the stitching that holds the two layers together olong the eyelet area...i had orginally thought of sewing two layers together suede sides out and then reversing the material before sewing the whole vest pieces together...I may still try that on a second run vest when i get the extra cash to try an upgrade...

I think there is some padding in the vest above the bustline ... could that be what you're seeing as well JD? It makes it appear much heavier than a regular vest.

Not so Purple? Ever Wondered?

As John lives a way from me and as i didnt have all of the costume with me (no bodysuit, vest, greebs, cumberbund) after seeing the vest pics i got excited!!!!

Now i wanted to try it all on, but i didnt have it all and the bodysuit is a pretty important part Re: Coverage n all LOL

Anyway i have a black suit ive used for Catwoman and Black Cat so i thought what the hey!

BlackZam2.jpg

BlackZam1.jpg

I actually quite like it!!!

But i am worrying because i was getting quite hot and thats without the neoprene and layers of leather!!! lol

LOL MM and hey girl the less "padding" i can get away with the better!!! :)

Oh yeah and i dont have 1 eye lower than the other lol, i need to pad the helmet on 1 side as it falls down funny. (maybe i have a lop sided head haha)

Wow! That looks super cool! What a changling you are! Love the black vinyl. Zam stealth! Gotta pm qui gon ludo and ask about the hoses... Oh, and pshaw! John, great lookin vest. If you use a piece of leather as a reinforcement for the hoses to attach then you won't have to worry about it falling off, because the back connectors screw in. Just make sure that the holes aren't too big in the vest so that it doesn't slip off by accident.

Thanx hun!!! Means a lot from you! Oh and hey because im nearly finished i thought i better try and see what ID's were avaliable, Guess the first one i tried!!!! Gutted !!! ZamW LOL. We must think the same

That is awesome! (y) Wooo-Hoo!!! :D Actually looks pretty cool with the black suit too...

Did you sign up for the costume contest yet? Huh?? Did Ya?? :D :D

Yes ZIA - if you find out about those hoses.. please give a holler!! :)

. If you use a piece of leather as a reinforcement for the hoses to attach then you won't have to worry about it falling off, because the back connectors screw in.

Ah yes. I was wonderring where the other one was last week. I think Becky's lost it. Can you imagine how hurt she's gonna be if that's the case. LOL

The vest is ' hanging' atm. I'm hoping to get the creases out of it. Nightmare for that. We'll spray it later/tomorrow. That with the belt and gloves and it's a rap :)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back