My Zam Project Progress


JDFett

Active Hunter
Helmet is here! Thanks again Cal!!!!!!!!!! awesome stuff as usual

so we got the ear guards and the two greeblies on..whole lot of dremmeling to get this to fit her, but alas...it's on her head!...ive got the binocs half weathered but not yet attached to the helmet because of obvious reasons...paint...rub and buff and weathering...plus the brim dying...but here is Jamie looking all zamish...she make a cute zam, but then i'm partial to what i see...LOL

normal_helmet3.jpg

normal_helmet2.jpg
 

JDFett

Active Hunter
so seeing as i had a few moments before i remembered the troop this week ;) I thought i would do up jamie's helmet...everything is done and weathered with the exception of the brim...need to soak it, dye it and stain it up...the only problem and the reason it's not done...ran out of purple dye doing the skirt...soooo..new trip to tandy in the comming week to get that as well as eyelets for the vest and the right size punch and setting tool for them...

here's some pics of the helmet as it is now...hope you enjoy...

normal_helmet9.jpg


back weathering
normal_helmet8.jpg


left side weathering and connections
normal_helmet7.jpg


back details/hose ect...gotta figure out a way of getting the brim to stop sinking down...
normal_helmet6.jpg


right side weatering(forsome reason in the reference pics..zam has a cleaner right side... ;) :lol: )
normal_helmet5.jpg


normal_helmet4.jpg


I had to actually resess the nuts for the binocs in into the ear guards so they would fit flush with them....worked out okay seeing as it was plenty thick to make a hole for the nut...
 

JDFett

Active Hunter
normal_initial_assembly~0.jpg


so here it is as we have progressed to this point...this BTW is on the duck tape Jamie....what we've got to do still is this....

vest -

sew in the zipper, put in the eyelets and lace on the sides and epulets, airbrush...

cummerbund -

sew in the badding and airbrush, attach the speed lacing hooks and the lace

misc -

gauntlets

paint a couple greeblies and do the lace and other fasteners for them

paint and weather the brim on the helmet

add the final 5 rows to the skirt

airbrush and cut out the veil and the cape, sew on the veil's satin lining

affix the snaps to the back of the shin guards

and i think thats it! so it shouldnt be too long now...got the lace for the skirt and the vest coming in a couple days along with some more purple dye, just need to make a tandy trip to get the setter for the eylets and the hole punch for them as well...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

JDFett

Active Hunter
now that i see the suit kind of together im thinking the hoses are a bit too long and the ovary bits and the half moon hanger are a bit under sized...any thoughts?
 

MaulMaus

Active Hunter
Okay....(I knew Sith could have a temper... but really now! ;) :lol: :lol: )


The eyelet setter you can get at JoAnn's or Michael's btw. You don't need to get the Tandy one. Some come with a punch as well...

Now that you mention it... the hoses do look a bit too long. Perhaps ZIA or Cal can tell you the measurements on the length of the hose they used?

Nice to see the progress you're making. (y) !
 

Langsuir666

Active Hunter
Sorry i counted the extra ribs for the inside of the hose attatchments, didnt want ppl to lop em off at 16 and go ... but its too short now!
 

MaulMaus

Active Hunter
It also depends on how far apart the ribs are. Some hoses they are closer together than others. I haven't seen any that look like the ones you've got Becky. The ones I've been looking at look more like JD's.
 

JDFett

Active Hunter
ya...i was thinking of checking out the drain hose for washers...i hear they are pretty close and i think thats what cal used...
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
what i want to know is, how did you attach the swing to the rifle ;)


only kidding :lol: . Your costume is seriously wicked and looks great - well done

normal_bigguns.jpg
 

JDFett

Active Hunter
so i finally got off my but and finished the vest...pre-colored that is...put in the zipper and the eyelets as well as the lace for the sides and the epulets...so now i just have to get brave and airbrush it...came out pretty good for my first attempt at leather garment making...never tackled anything like this before and im glad it worked out...could have been a real costly mistake(shouldnt say that..havnt tried the dye process yet!)

also made the cummerbund today too..post a pick later...after i cut it and then install the speed lace gromets

normal_finished_base_vest.jpg
 
Top