My Wife's FINISHED Zam

There is a livejournal community dedicated to those feline "helpers". My cat has silk seeking radar affixed to the top of his head. They certainly don't work as ears...

Looking great :) SDCC should be all kinds of spectacular fun this year so I hope you guys have fun :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!!! That looks very awesome. Inspiring me to go redo parts of mine. I'm so glad she's trooping SDCC. I trooped it as Zam last year, but I am not going this year, so she can "carry the torch." Awesome...

Keep posting pics. And how are you going to attach your cummerbund to the belt bits? Just curious.

Deunan Shiruba

They will be attached with lace and if that doesn't seem to hold then maybe we'll add some velcro. Honestly at this point we are so crammed for time we are just focused on making it wearable for a day at SDCC. If anything has issues we will just have to deal with it later. Actually right now I'm more worried about how to attach the chest armor assembly. I've seen various harness ideas but still haven't come up with a solid plan.

Thanks to Lesley Farquhar for the pics:

4836839594_302a80a1de_b.jpg

4836226481_71bd7dc77b_b.jpg

4836840484_4497a185c2_b.jpg

4836238361_b41ca185fb_b.jpg

Excellent! Great work on a tough costume. And a nice Jango too. A Zam that looks that good deserves a rifle. If you're interested , send me a PM.
Westarsmith

Thanks for the compliments! This was probably the most difficult costume I've attempted to date...it was a lot of work and used my entire skillset.

Thank you for all the compliments! I can't believe 3 years of work has finally paid off. Foxbat did such a great job - and his attention to detail (while occasionally driving me crazy) really makes this costume. Hopefully I will meet you all in the future. We will be at C5 - but the costume isn't coming :(

Thanks to Nathan's quick approval, she is now a member of the 501st! She is now BH 5830 (my TK # backwards, he he).

Hopefully with the generous help of another member, she will be adding the rifle to the costume. We plan to have some professional photos done in a studio sometime after CV.

hey Fox...she looks awesome...great job! I have been so distant from the zammer thread since i got into my own Jango project...its awesome to have another Jango Zam married couple running around! lol

Thanks everyone! Here's a couple of videos of us at the San Diego Padres Clone Wars night...dancing on the dugout to YMCA.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back