General Mid-Budget ESB built

Notlewis

Active Hunter
Hello TDH fellows, greetings from germany. :)

I´m a member since 2005, have done 2 ROTJ Boba Fett costumes, but this is the first time to post some WIP pictures.
Now I´m doing the ESB version, which I love the most of all versions.:D

In the first picture you can see what I´ve got so far.

Cape + Chest Electronics: TK409
EE3 Blaster Kit: Sidewinder - built and painted by me
Rifle Leather Sling: 99centTaco
Jet Pack Rocket: from another TDH member via cargo hold
Flightsuit + Sidepouches + Ankle Ties + Gloves + Holster: Bobamaker
Wookie Braids: Woodman
Sidearm: from "flea bay" - reworked and painted by me
Girth Belt: also from "flea bay"
Shin Tools made by myself using the wizardofflight templates
PC290028.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So, that´s enough for today. ;) Cut away the rough parts, and sandpapered the left knee. Hope you can see the difference. More to come...:)
PC290028 (2).JPG

Nice work so far and I like the layered sintra. I think I might go that route when it comes to armour. It'll be way easier to cut/shape and just double up than using a thicker piece.

Looks like you're off to a solid start! Knees look pretty good so far! I'd highly recommend using RF's armor templates for the rest of your armor. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your kind words Jesuit24 and redkraytdragon! Today I had my first working day after the christmas holidays. So, no updates for today... Oh... there´s one... I bought a set of knee darts from "flea bay". Hope they´ll arrive soon. :)

Looks like you're off to a solid start! Knees look pretty good so far! I'd highly recommend using RF's armor templates for the rest of your armor. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I think I´ll use them for my armour. Looking very helpful.(y)

First of all a happy new year to all of you! :cheers

While I´m waiting for the aluminium knee darts, I started building the cod piece and back belt using a combination of RafalFett´s and Wizardofflight´s templates.

That´s where I´m now:
P1010031.JPG

A little update:
did some little work on the cod piece and back belt.
P1050031.JPGP1050037.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

...and did a little test with the chest lights and the size of the slots.
P1050033.JPG

P1050031.JPG

P1050037.JPG

P1050033.JPG

I didn´t have to go to work today, so I spend 2 hours on sanding the knees and parts of the cod plate.
P1080037.JPGP1080036.JPGP1080040.JPGP1080038.jpg
I glued the lower parts of the cod plate (the white parts as seen in the picture.), made another front piece of the cod plate and glued it with the first piece to make it look more solid.
It was a sunny and not very cold day, so I did the sanding on our terrace, while in the background an Ewok... oh, stop... this is "Lasse" our oldest cat watching a bird. :)
P1080035.JPG

Today I glued the lower cod plate parts to the main-cod plate and stabilized it all from the inside. Next step will be smoothing the edges by cutting and sanding...
P1120044.JPG
P1120043.JPG
P1120045.JPG

Today I glued the double-layered front part onto the cod plate with superglue. Also did a lot of sanding with 3 different sorts of sandpaper to get it step by step into shape. :)
P1120045.JPG
P1150046.JPG
P1150047.JPG

Today, I´ll spent some time working on the cod plate greeblie.

I marked the place where it will be glued to.
P1150031.JPG

Then I cut the first of 5 sintra layers and curve it.
P1150032.JPG

Each of the five sintra pieces is curved and glued together to form a block.
P1180041.JPG
P1180043.JPG

Now it´s time to start sanding. More to come... ;)
P1180045.JPG

Sooooo.... after 4 hours cutting, sanding, cutting, sanding, sanding and some more sanding :wacko (at least a little bit primer):
P1180047.JPG
P1180050.JPG
P1180051.JPG
After all the work I have to admit, 4 layers of sintra would have been enough, but I wanted to be sure to have more material than less.:)

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back