Metal gauntlets

Looking for the correct words, yeah, envy, yep, envy quite covers it indeed.

It looks great!!

Question, is it heavy??
Did you used aluminum for this?

I know that for mine I used metal on some parts, they do not look half as good as yours do, but I used PVC, CardBoard and Aluminum. And they are kind of heavy.

Anyway, this site is the best, lots of ideas.

Thanks to all.

May The Force Be With You.

Not that much really but I had to wait 24 hours for the glue to dry completely... so I could only do very few steps at a time...

I'd say that cutting all the templates and all the metal parts was the longest part... that took about 4 hours roughly. Bending the parts (all of them) took about 1.5-2 hours. I made a ''test fit'' to make sure all my parts would fit together (0.5 hour). Glueing the parts wasn't long but was done on roughly 2 months time... I didn't work on them all the time nor did I every evening or every weekend. The putty and painting part took about 2 hours. The detailing took about 1 hour. Installing the greeblies took maybe 1 hour.

Let's say about 10 hours per gauntlet done over the last 2-3 months... ;)

Finally an update!! :lol:

Both my gauntlets are now finished and ready to troop! Hopefully these are my last gauntlets because they were not an easy project. Kudos to wickedbeard for making these on a regular basis!!!

Let me know if I am missing anything!

left gauntlet Simon Fett 01.jpg

left gauntlet Simon Fett 02.jpg

gauntlets final Simon Fett.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back