Cyberpyrot's Metal Works (Info Thread on Making Metal Armor)

CyberPyrot, I can see you're using snaps on the flak vest, but how are you attaching the snaps to the metal (sitting on another glued plate or welded perhaps)?

I haven't started the metal cutting/shaping yet so I'm not sure how heavy it will be but I'm expecting it to be pretty light.

Unfortunately I don't have any welding tools so I was thinking of using some strong adhesive but was curious first, how you were attaching all those bits.

Thanks

CyberPyrot, I can see you're using snaps on the flak vest, but how are you attaching the snaps to the metal (sitting on another glued plate or welded perhaps)?

I haven't started the metal cutting/shaping yet so I'm not sure how heavy it will be but I'm expecting it to be pretty light.

Unfortunately I don't have any welding tools so I was thinking of using some strong adhesive but was curious first, how you were attaching all those bits.

Thanks

befor I started welding I used JB weld it held up really will until you drop the metal then it split a rubber cement might take the shock better.

befor I started welding I used JB weld it held up really will until you drop the metal then it split a rubber cement might take the shock better.

Great. Thanks for the info.
I'm planning on starting the armour pieces in the next week or 2 and would love to see any details of tools/supplies I might be missing.
I've never done this before so if you have any pics of the back (inside) of your armour I'd love to see them. :p

Great. Thanks for the info.
I'm planning on starting the armour pieces in the next week or 2 and would love to see any details of tools/supplies I might be missing.
I've never done this before so if you have any pics of the back (inside) of your armour I'd love to see them. :p

Check out my album for any additional pictures I might have
https://goo.gl/photos/WZn1SmBkgabjvJwH8

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out my album for any additional pictures I might have
https://goo.gl/photos/WZn1SmBkgabjvJwH8

I check your pics every week :D
What I'm really interested in is like how others have shown the inside of the armour like in this thread on magnets: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/chest-armor-utilizing-magnet-attachment-method-48099/
I was thinking of using some sort of heavy stitching but as you've used the snaps method I was really interested in the detail you might be able to give on how you mounted the snaps on the inner armour.
A picture paints a thousand words they say :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is

image.jpeg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back