Metal Ears

Eagle

New Hunter
I noticed that you can buy metal ears for your Fett helmet. Are these mainly for bragging rites or is there an advantage to these? They're really cool, just super expensive. Would these be required for level 2 legion approval? The CRL (ESB) doesn't say the ears need to be metal for lvl 2, so I assume these are more of a luxury item.

Thanks

The original helmets had metal ears, that’s all there is to it. I wouldn’t consider it a luxury item for bragging rights, it just depends on whether you want something authentic or something close-enough.

JFJ is right. Also, make sure that you get the right metal ears for your helmet. If you have a lineage casting, the current run of metal ears from MachineCraft or RS Props should fit. If you have an FPH2, you’d likely have to talk to MachineCraft since I don’t think anyone plans on making those at this point. I personally wouldn’t invest in metal ears unless it were for a lineage helmet at this point though.

The original helmets had metal ears, that’s all there is to it. I wouldn’t consider it a luxury item for bragging rights, it just depends on whether you want something authentic or something close-enough.
Got it! I apologize if that came off as rude, I actually didn't know his original ears were metal. The more you know! :)

JFJ is right. Also, make sure that you get the right metal ears for your helmet. If you have a lineage casting, the current run of metal ears from MachineCraft or RS Props should fit. If you have an FPH2, you’d likely have to talk to MachineCraft since I don’t think anyone plans on making those at this point. I personally wouldn’t invest in metal ears unless it were for a lineage helmet at this point though.
I'm mainly aiming for legion approval and the secondary level of accuracy. I was planning on getting a FPH2, but wasn't personally interested in the metal ears unless I needed them for basic or level two approval. I appreciate the help!

Oh no you weren’t being rude, I was just putting it bluntly having built helmets with painted resin and cold-cast resin ears that were perfectly fine, but always wanting metal ones like the originals. I’m not familiar with the specifics of 501st standards but I know they won’t turn you away for not having metal ears.

Now that I think about it, I suppose that this hobby is all about luxuries and bragging rights! We certainly don’t need metal parts and original found parts, it’s just a matter of how authentic you want to be and how much you don’t like money ;)

Oh no you weren’t being rude, I was just putting it bluntly having built helmets with painted resin and cold-cast resin ears that were perfectly fine, but always wanting metal ones like the originals. I’m not familiar with the specifics of 501st standards but I know they won’t turn you away for not having metal ears.

Now that I think about it, I suppose that this hobby is all about luxuries and bragging rights! We certainly don’t need metal parts and original found parts, it’s just a matter of how authentic you want to be and how much you don’t like money ;)
Amen to that last part!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back