Lemorseaplumes ESB Fett build (WIP)

Lemorseaplumes

Active Hunter
Hello there,

Started my first build on january 2022, with the aim to set a full ESB Fett costume in a budget around 2000-2500 €, and to do some elements by myself when possible.

I think I am near half-way on the progress (hard to say because I kinda do everything at once...), so I would like to share what have been done so far.

Actual build state :

20220707_132234.jpg

Helmet : modified EFX (Here's my thread about it)
Armor : Fettpride (regular size) from MinuteFett
Gauntlets : BobaMaker (from the cargo hold, came already painted)
Jumpsuit : Bobaker (from on the cargo hold, came weathered)
Jetpack : Coz3D (3D printed), painted by me.
Wookies braid : JojoFett
EE3 and Pulse 40 : 3DprintFR (3D printed)
Chest light : Fettronics (from the cargo hold)
Shin tools : homemade from scratch
Boots : homemade from cheap boots bought on aliexpress
Studs and toes spikes : 3Dprinted by a friend
Girthbelt : actual girthbelt bought on flea market
Ammo belt : homemade
Flakvest, neckseal, cape, hip pouches and gloves : homemade (thank you mom).

Actual budget (including paints, small hardware, shipping costs and dutytaxes from international shipping to France) : 2050 €

Still missing : Pulse holster, ankle splats, fourth shin tool, right gauntlet's hose, helmet's chin cup and internal padding, and jetpack harness of course...

Curious to know what you think about ! Does it look good ?

Following detailled pictures of some of the homemade elements...

Last edited:
Jetpack :
Kyle from Coz3D was kind enough to print me a special model including the secluded area on the back.
Had to rework it a little to give it the correct shape.

Also had to add a piece on the top, because the main tank didn't reach the back...

20220501_133845.jpg
20220501_151425.jpg

Hours and hours of handpainting after...
Still missing the greeblies and stickers.

20220707_125810.jpg
20220707_134611.jpg
20220707_134659.jpg

Hi Lemorseaplumes
That is a great mixture of parts you've acquired for your ESB Fett kit! Well done!
1657206181477.png

A fellow Coz3D Jetpack customer, eh? And painted by you too! Nice job! I'm a ROTJ Fett myself, so I can't offer too much help here. I've got a full setup of Boba Maker Armor and Helmet. (Just got his Jetpack too) Like you, I too had planned on the smaller budget of about $1200 to $1500. But after seeing way too many cool things you can do and get for this suit. Most of the stuff I couldn't say "No" to. Hahaha, and thus far have invested about $5300.
1657206492665.png

Here is my Coz3D Jetpack....
Iron's JP - All Pics.jpg

When starting this whole Fett process I wasn't looking forward to the Jetpack painting, but it is now my favorite piece of the kit! As I mentioned I have a Boba Maker Jetpack. If you're curious how it stacks up to the Coz3D variant, here's a side by side...
Boba Maker vs Coz3D - ROTJ Jetpacks - Pic 1.jpg

Boba Maker vs Coz3D - ROTJ Jetpacks - Pic 2.jpg

As you can see the Boba Maker Jetpack is quite a bit larger, which is good for me as I'm a taller Fett, standing at 6'2". Also....I see yours has the little slot knocked out for the greeblies that no one sees. Kyle musta finally included it in his packs now. Mine doesn't have that - but my Boba Maker Jetpack does. I went to QuestDesignCanada (on Etsy) for the Metal Greeblies on my Coz3D Jetpack. And went ALL OUT on the Metal Greeblies for my Boba Maker Jetpack....
Full Set of JP Greeblies.jpg

Anywho, I wish you luck on your build and ask questions. Of the ESB Fetts that I would turn to on TDH it'd be:
Krewkid82
BudaFett
RafalFett
boba87fett
jedisushi

To name a few - those are the one right off the top of my head.

Have fun!

Best,
-Iron

Thank you Krewkid82 & Irongladiator !

Iron, I dig your ROTJ jetpack, the paintjob is awesome. Metal greeblies make a lot of difference indeed. One day maybe !

I have to say your review of Coz3D jetpack helped a lot on my choice back then ! There is a lot to do on a 3Dprinted, but it was worth it with a little skills and a lot of time. Actually, I asked Kyle if we would be able to add the secluded area for the invisible greeblies and he made me a special cast. Regarding the size, I am 5'6 (172 cm), so a smaller jetpack seemed like a good idea.

Boots :
Bought this pair of cheap Boba Fett Boots for 35€, because I was curious to know if I would be able to customize it into something acceptable.
There are in faux leather, with a zip on the back. Very unconfortable ! but the general shape isn't that bad.

20220203_202803.jpg

I cut pieces on some white cotton fabric with a patern to cover the entiere shoes. It it handsewned on the top and around the black side strap and glued (neopren + superglue 3) all around the sole. Then I add the back black strap, and the small black line part that are actually made in small elastics... Needless to say, it took a lot of time.

DSC_0047.JPG

Then finally, grey and black painting with a lot of browish weathering and a small amount of real dirt.
And adding the toes spikes a friend 3Dprinted for me. They are glued and fixed by small nails.

20220707_132349.jpg

Verdict ? Acceptable for a pair of custom homemade Boba boots ?

Very acceptable but from the experience of trooping with the 501st those 3d printed spikes won't last and will break pretty fast if you plan to troop in your kit. You should definitely upgrade to the metal ones and make sure you secure them really really well. I tore one of my spikes off during a troop catching it on a elevator opening.

Ammo & girth belts

Tried to do the ammo belt on my own. Didn't used vinyl but "chocolate" faux leather which IMO has a nice glossy aspect. Everything in handsewn, took a lot of time too.
I made seven little wood pieces to form the pouches, then glued and nailed the faux leather pieces on it.
DSC_0138.JPG
DSC_0203.JPG
DSC_0151.JPG

Result with the hip pouches attached on the back by velcro :

20220707_134429.jpg
20220707_134354.jpg

The girth belt is an actual one I bought for nothing on an online second hand market. It smells horses...
It was way to long (120 cm) so I cut both ends and redo the nod around the buckles. It in polyester, not cotton. I am not sure about the color. Should it be different ?

Attachments

• 20220707_134344.jpg
    20220707_134344.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Very acceptable but from the experience of trooping with the 501st those 3d printed spikes won't last and will break pretty fast if you plan to troop in your kit. You should definitely upgrade to the metal ones and make sure you secure them really really well. I tore one of my spikes off during a troop catching it on a elevator opening.
Well that what I was affraid of regarding this part...
Not sure if I will troop one day, but metal upgrade seems indeed necessery. Thanks !

Just received this baby, pulse 40 holster replica from BobaMaker. Thanks again CamsJuthas.

Looks great but I didn't expect it to be so heavy ! The ammobelt has trouble supporting it without bending. If I knew I would have placed a piece of pvc inside the belt to prevent it.

Is the attachement on the jetpack harness legit ?

20220720_202350[1].jpg

In the movie it hung from the jetpack harness that's why in different scenes you see it hang at different lengths depending on how loose or tight the jetpack harness was. Even in the 501st CRL it states...
  • The holster is attached to the scuba harness waist belt, under the ammo belt and over the girth belt.
Me personally just because I'm trooping and always in a hurry suiting up I attach mine to my ammo belt which does tend to sag and bend it. Maybe I should add velcro to the jetpack harness and on my waist so it never sags even when I attach my holster to it

In the movie it hung from the jetpack harness that's why in different scenes you see it hang at different lengths depending on how loose or tight the jetpack harness was. Even in the 501st CRL it states...
  • The holster is attached to the scuba harness waist belt, under the ammo belt and over the girth belt.
Me personally just because I'm trooping and always in a hurry suiting up I attach mine to my ammo belt which does tend to sag and bend it. Maybe I should add velcro to the jetpack harness and on my waist so it never sags even when I attach my holster to it
Funny. I read the CRL several times and it never occured me as I always supposed it was attached the ammo belt. :D
Thank you !

Continuing the description of my WIP build with some soft parts.

Homemade flak vest made white chintz clothe.
I chose the groomets solution to attach the armor, but I add a jewelery pin with clutch back on the top of each shoulder part, because they dangled down.
Screws are just glued on the back of the armor pieces with Superglue 3 and sticked very hard, so no need for epoxy I guess...

Had to weathered it a bit...

20220707_132725.jpg
20220707_132738.jpg

Homemade neckseal and gloves made with the same fabric :

20220707_134306.jpg
20220707_132434.jpg

Cape is a rest from a previous Boba Fett costume I made ten years ago... I like the colors but the fabric may seems too light.
Think I will try to rip off and weather the edge and see I need to work on a new piece.

20220707_133053.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back