Jet Pack Jetpack Part Question + AOSW & Jango Kamino Pack

cbrant

Active Hunter
Probably a question for the TDH Veterans - I did try finding related threads, but I couldn't find anything using terms I would use.

When I was looking at the Jango Runway pics I noticed this metallic bar on the edge of the jetpack, here and here:

jango runway pack 2 circles.JPG

jango runway pack 4 circles.jpg

Feeling like I had seen them before, I went looking around. I didn't see anything similar on any of the PP jetpacks, the ESB pack, or the MoM pack, but the AoSW jetpack was a hit, as seen here:

aosw se pack image.jpg

aosw pack lip.jpg
aosw pack lip 2.jpg
aosw pack 4.jpg

So what am I looking at? My guess was some skinny aluminum bar sandwiched between the two halves when they mated them together, but why is it only present on these packs? Do these parts have a name or former thread to look through? I was looking for bars, ridges, or fins as search terms. Who has added them to their SE kits?

Thanks!

-Cole

Attachments

• jango runway pack.jpg
    jango runway pack.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 160
  • jango runway pack 4.JPG
    jango runway pack 4.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 142
  • jango runway pack 2.JPG
    jango runway pack 2.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 158
  • jango runway pack 3.jpg
    jango runway pack 3.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 152
Because they had to cast for ROTJ some damaged/stunt jetpacks, it's most likely that those metal rods were added for molding purposes. You can see the metal rod on this pack too, which is the slightly modified Pre-Pro #1 jetpack:
PP1 to ROTJ Jetpack.png

In ROTJ we see the ROTJ hero, 2 damaged and 1 rubber/stunt pack:
ROTJ Stunt JP 01.jpg
ROTJ Stunt JP 02.jpg
ROTJ Stunt JP 03.jpg

And these 2 unknow packs:
36725233_10215669989439391_714773881944014848_o.jpg

Maybe used here?
ROTJ Jetpacks 0005.jpg

Because they had to cast for ROTJ some damaged/stunt jetpacks, it's most likely that those metal rods were added for molding purposes. You can see the metal rod on this pack too, which is the slightly modified Pre-Pro #1 jetpack:
View attachment 215816

In ROTJ we see the ROTJ hero, 2 damaged and 1 rubber/stunt pack:
View attachment 215817View attachment 215818View attachment 215819

And these 2 unknow packs:
View attachment 215820

Maybe used here?
View attachment 215821

Thank you! Interesting stuff! I should have known you'd have additional info!

When ROTJ was in production they retrofitted most of the existing packs they had made. Alterations to the interior electronics and pressurized air "jet" effect were just some.
To allow changing the air canisters, the fiberglass was cut and opening door panels were rigged up. Those "bars" are hinges.
But interestingly the ROTJ hero pack being discussed did not undergo this alteration. Someone must have noticed it didn't match the others visually though and so they added mock hinges to match the look of the others.

When ROTJ was in production they retrofitted most of the existing packs they had made. Alterations to the interior electronics and pressurized air "jet" effect were just some.
To allow changing the air canisters, the fiberglass was cut and opening door panels were rigged up. Those "bars" are hinges.
But interestingly the ROTJ hero pack being discussed did not undergo this alteration. Someone must have noticed it didn't match the others visually though and so they added mock hinges to match the look of the others.
That is some really cool information - thank you for sharing it here! Obviously, excellent job on that Anovos pack.

I wonder how the Jango Runway pack falls into that? Just an extra from RotJ filming with the same modifications?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back