Historian Fett's ESB WIP

After nearly six months of research, which is what I do as a historian, I'm finally diving into the Fett abyss. I pray that my wallet can handle this :eek:! My hope is that even with my extremely limited skills I will still be able to build a super coolio ESB Fett that is as screen accurate as possible and meets 501st requirements. And I'm gonna try to do this in around 9 months o_O. Many thanks to a number of amazing TDH members who have answered my endless parade of questions. Y'all know who you are and I'm grateful for you! As always, I'm open to advice/help on pieces still yet to be sorted, commissioned, purchased, etc. Holla at ya bruh, please! Here's what I've got purchased and/or in the commission queue.

FPH2 Helmet (Wasted Fett and painted by superjedi) - Received
  • Metal ears (MachineCraft) - Received & Installed
  • Metal borden piece (MachineCraft) - Received & Installed
  • TerminalFettler RF Topper - Received & Installed
  • Rangefinder light kit (Jc27) - Received & Installed
  • Helmet liner (WhiteShadow) - Received & Installed
Jetpack (Wasted Fett and painted by BudaFett) - Received
  • Stabilizer, beacon, collar, Exhaust vent, side & front greeblies, & thruster discs (MachineCraft) - Received & Installed
  • Beacon light kit (Jc27) - Received & Installed
  • Dental file (01Hawk) - Received & Installed

Armor (Wasted Fett and painted by Fett 4 Real) - Received
Gauntlets (Wasted Fett and painted by Fett 4 Real) - Received
  • Original MQ-1 Keypad for left gauntlet - Received & Installed
  • Dental files (01Hawk) - Received & Installed

Flightsuit (Arkady) - Received & weathered
Vest (Arkady) - Received
Neckseal (Arkady) - Received
Pouches (Arkady) - Received
Gloves (Mike M.) - Received
Shoes - (Fandango Fett) - Received
Ammo belt (woodman) - Received
Girth belt - (woodman) - Received
Cape - (woodman) - Received
Braids - (woodman) - Received
Harness - (Bigdane) - Received
Diver Buckle - (Bigdane) - Received
Hooks and Clamps (full metal fett) - Received
Shin tools - (bobamaker) - Received
Holster - Genuine converted Nemrod holster - (2nd hand) - Received

Chest display - (Fettronics) - Received
Voice Amplifier - (TRamp) - Received

Sidewinder EE-3 Blaster (2nd hand) - Received
Rubber EE-3 Blaster (2nd hand) - Received
Pistol - Genuine converted Pulce 40 (2nd hand) - Received

Last edited:
After nearly six months of research, which is what I do as a historian, I'm finally diving into the Fett abyss. I pray that my wallet can handle this :eek:! My hope is that even with my extremely limited skills I will still be able to build a super coolio ESB Fett that is as screen accurate as possible and meets 501st requirements. And I'm gonna try to do this in around 9 months o_O. Many thanks to a number of amazing TDH members who have answered my endless parade of questions. Y'all know who you are and I'm grateful for you! As always, I'm open to advice/help on pieces still yet to be sorted, commissioned, purchased, etc. Holla at ya bruh, please! Here's what I've got purchased and/or in the commission queue.

FPH2 Helmet (Wasted Fett and painted by superjedi) - RECEIVED
  • Metal ears (MachineCraft) - Received & Installed
  • Metal borden piece (MachineCraft) - Received & Installed
  • TerminalFettler RF Topper - Received & Installed
  • Rangefinder light kit (Jc27) - Received & Installed
  • Helmet liner (WhiteShadow) -
Jetpack (Wasted Fett and painted by BudaFett) - Commissioned
  • Stabilizer, beacon, collar, Exhaust vent, side & front greeblies, & thruster discs (MachineCraft)
  • Beacon light kit (Jc27) - Received
  • Dental file

Armor (Wasted Fett and painted by Fett 4 Real) - Commissioned
Gauntlets (Wasted Fett and painted by Fett 4 Real) - Commissioned

Flightsuit (Arkady) - Commissioned
Vest (Arkady) - Commissioned
Neckseal (Arkady) - Commissioned
Gloves (Mike M.) - Commissioned
Shoes -
Ammo belt -
Girth belt -
Cape -
Braids -
Harness -
Hooks and Clamps (full metal fett)
Shin tools -
Pistol holster -

Chest display -
Voice changer -

Rubber EE-3 Blaster (2nd hand from Fettastic) - RECEIVED
Pistol -

Good organization!
I am looking forward to following your build. Having chatted with you a bit, you seem like a cool history professor to me! And I hope your famed desk will be subject to extreme Boba influence soon :D

The pistol can be gotten from bobamaker btw, and if you, as well as the holster and the shin tools, which you could also have 3D printed with RafalFetts templates.

I finally got around to taking some pics of my bucket. I've seen so many pics of similar helmets on TDH, but the craftsmanship and attention to detail in person are off the charts. I'm simply astonished by the paint job that superjedi did on this. The MachineCraft metal pieces are top notch, while the FPH2 light kit from Jc27 fit the TerminalFettler RF like a glove.

This is the start to what I hope will be an incredible Fett build.

Fettin Round 1.jpg
Fettin Round 2.jpg
Fettin Round 5.jpg
Fettin Round 4.jpg

Fettin Round 5.jpg

The rangefinder should only be on when it is down, is the micro switch not working?

I finally got around to taking some pics of my bucket. I've seen so many pics of similar helmets on TDH, but the craftsmanship and attention to detail in person are off the charts. I'm simply astonished by the paint job that superjedi did on this. The MachineCraft metal pieces are top notch, while the FPH2 light kit from Jc27 fit the TerminalFettler RF like a glove.

This is the start to what I hope will be an incredible Fett build.

View attachment 194931 View attachment 194932 View attachment 194933 View attachment 194934
View attachment 194935
Historian Fett
wow. Thats looking awesome. I probably followed the painting of your helmet in one of superjedi s build threats without realizing its yours. But its just amazing hof happy one can be "just" because one of those grown-up-toys, right?
I wasnt planning on getting a painted Boba helmet or paint one myself, my goal was and is an as-close-to-the-real-one-as-possible, meaning not in appearence but in what it is - an unfinished Hero cast to appretiate all the details from the original.

But seeing your helmet and others and learning (slowly....) about the pain process... It is so inspiring. Thank you. :)

Jc27
Just wanted to let you know, its a great sign of standing by your product that you noticed and that you are chiming in!

Update: So I corrected my RF light issue. Basically it was mostly an operator/installer error :eek: and a slight issue with the application given my particular set up. However, many thanks to Jc27 for initially pointing out the problem and then helping me trouble shoot the issue. Now I've got it all set up properly. While making those light corrections I also added this incredible helmet liner from WhiteShadow. The Chicago screws were absolutely the right application for this product in my opinion. The set up works great for me. I'm stoked. A few more products are en route to me now and a couple added commissions have been secured. Still on the hunt for what is needed to complete this journey.

Here I am just Fettin Around ...

Fettin 4.jpg
Fettin 5.jpg
Fettin 2.jpg

Fettin 8.jpg
Fettin 9.jpg

Flightsuit and other softgoods from Arkady have arrived and are beyond expected. Fits like a Mike M. glove, which too are amazing. Jetpack is in the works and armor is almost to the front of the queue. Not much longer!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back