Fett Helmet History

Considering the crater they put into Boba's helmet is the same one as on C-3PO, how would they have gone about it? Re-heated the plastic locally with heat gun and pressed in a positive "dent" form? The dented version of the white Supertrooper helmet I've seen looks to still be polished ABS. I doubt they'd've gone to the trouble of cutting out a hole, gluing in a "dent" piece, and then repainting it white before painting it grey...

Also, whoever sculpted it, they used the upper part of a baseball batter's helmet, turned backward, for the dome. I have one that is an exact match in circumference and contours. Too exact to be coincidence. Does anyone on here know who did that initial sculpt, and whether they did both helmet and armor, or just helmet, or what? I don't know how much it matters. I'd just like to know...

--Jonah

The dent was added by cutting a hole and adding the dent...as you can see in the PP2 helmet its very shoddy work....

The Helmet is Fiberglass also not ABS. Dont recall if we know who sculpted it though?

Seems weird considering it's such a recognizable helmet, but no one knows who did the initial sculpt, at least from anything I've read.

According to the Star Wars - The Blueprints book, the Boba Fett suit was developed by Norman Reynold (using the McQuarrie and Johnston sketches), who was helped by Jan Stevens (or Janet Stevens) as sculptor and Brian Archer as model maker. And F4R is right about the dent being added in the hole that was created in the helmet's dome.

Peregrinus, can you share with us the measurements of that particular baseball helmet?

Peregrinus, can you share with us the measurements of that particular baseball helmet?

Tk409 took some wonderfully exacting measurements off a Mystery helmet that, when compared against laser caliper measurements of the ESB and ROTJ helmets on display have shown them to be close enough to the same size as makes no difference. He got a measurement around the base of the dome, above the brow band and without the rangefinder ear in the way, of 724mm. The baseball helmet I picked up is exactly the same.

I was even more impressed when, after removing the hideous earcaps it comes with, I took ~11mm off the back edge of the front half of the dome on my Hasbro Boba helmet and it now has the same shape as the batting helmet, and is 724mm around the base of the dome. :D

--Jonah

Tk409 took some wonderfully exacting measurements off a Mystery helmet that, when compared against laser caliper measurements of the ESB and ROTJ helmets on display have shown them to be close enough to the same size as makes no difference. He got a measurement around the base of the dome, above the brow band and without the rangefinder ear in the way, of 724mm. The baseball helmet I picked up is exactly the same.

I was even more impressed when, after removing the hideous earcaps it comes with, I took ~11mm off the back edge of the front half of the dome on my Hasbro Boba helmet and it now has the same shape as the batting helmet, and is 724mm around the base of the dome. :D

--Jonah

Thanks! That 724mm without the right ear is correct (the RWH v2 templates were partially based on the mystery helmet measurements, but other sources too).

I am curious, what is the damage that was done to the Lava helmet. I have a mystery and I just want to see what the damage actually is.

C'mon, Art. You've been mum on this for some time. We've since gotten the MR "ESB Hero" that's really the PP3. We've got the eFX Boba. We've got the second-generation plug FP got of the PP2, and the work that's been done with it on here. I do think those need to be added to the family tree. ;)

--Jonah

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back