Original attachment method, used for the ESB Hero helmet interior

C60A153A-5E2B-4BB0-BA82-6B6175FC3B26.jpeg

@Ord Mantell what do you think?.
I've always thought the piece next to the bracket there was a washer. The longer I look at it, the more unsure I am. It could also be the front shank of the grommet if its sticking out from the strap enough. It does seem like its a brass color. That doesn;t mean it can't be a washer, but it is a point if favor of the grommet. The pics are just too poor to know for sure. I would take test pics of mock-ups to see what matches better with the photos. I don't have all my parts in yet for this so I can't take those photos. I leave it to you, good sir. I predict it's a brass washer there.

I've always thought the piece next to the bracket there was a washer. The longer I look at it, the more unsure I am. It could also be the front shank of the grommet if its sticking out from the strap enough. It does seem like its a brass color. That doesn;t mean it can't be a washer, but it is a point if favor of the grommet. The pics are just too poor to know for sure. I would take test pics of mock-ups to see what matches better with the photos. I don't have all my parts in yet for this so I can't take those photos. I leave it to you, good sir. I predict it's a brass washer there.
Good point Ord. Iv always been one to believe there’s no washer, after going back and forth between the two ideas. The more I keep looking at it, I’m convinced now it’s a washer, not the other side of the brass eyelet.If you or any one else receives these parts, the more photos the better, then we can put this confusion to bed.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back