Favor needed from someone who has Alco switches (need measurements)

drokkul

Well-Known Hunter
Can anyone with the correct Alco gauntlet switches and a caliper or whatever please take a couple of quick measurements for me?

I would like to know the length of the silver shaft.

The diameter of the shaft

The diameter of the nut

If you have these and have a quick minute PLEASE help a brudda out!

I'm not hooking mine up to anything so I don't need them to be real switches and I think I'm going to try and scratch build a reasonable facsimile!

Thanks!!!!!

I don't have calipers so the best I can do is a tape measure. The length of the shaft is 6/16ths. The diameter of the shaft is 6.5/16ths. The diameter of the nut is 6/16ths. Now that measurement of the shaft is only where the threads are not the entire piece. The diameter measurement of the shaft again is only where the threads are not the entire piece. And the diameter of the nut is on the outside edge from corner of the nut to the other corner of the nut if that makes sense, not the interior diameter.

If you go to Newark.com and look up the part, you can download the datasheet that has all the info you need.

If you go to Newark.com and look up the part, you can download the datasheet that has all the info you need.

I actually found the same info they have on another website, but about the only thing I could make out was that the shaft was around 9.5mm long which coincides with the measurement that Mattcover posted.

Thanks for that link tho!

I don't have calipers so the best I can do is a tape measure. The length of the shaft is 6/16ths. The diameter of the shaft is 6.5/16ths. The diameter of the nut is 6/16ths. Now that measurement of the shaft is only where the threads are not the entire piece. The diameter measurement of the shaft again is only where the threads are not the entire piece. And the diameter of the nut is on the outside edge from corner of the nut to the other corner of the nut if that makes sense, not the interior diameter.

Thanks so much! I sent you a PM with one more question.

Responded. Hope it helps and makes sense!

Yup! Sure did. Having that info I think okays the other measurements I extrapolated from the technical drawing that weren't really covered (ie the length of the point head bit, the length of the groove under that bit etc)

Thanks much! Its always been awesome through the years to be part of such a sharing, helpful community!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back