Buckethead's Jango Build

20200516_135540.jpg

Starting to feel like Jango! Now to wait a week :(

Interesting choice doing the blue first instead of the Silver.

Yeah I thought that, but want to use Rub n Buff silver, and if I get that on parts that need to be blue it then just seemed it would be a pain to get off, being a wax not a paint. My plan was to paint all the blue, then clear coat the whole helmet, then do the rub n buff (with no clear coat so it shines)

View attachment 190183

Starting to feel like Jango! Now to wait a week :(

Yeah I thought that, but want to use Rub n Buff silver, and if I get that on parts that need to be blue it then just seemed it would be a pain to get off, being a wax not a paint. My plan was to paint all the blue, then clear coat the whole helmet, then do the rub n buff (with no clear coat so it shines)
That's exactly the way to do it.. gorram, the waiting.... I just added gloss black to my pack, I'll have to wait a week for it to dry and then do the back.

Also helmet starting to look like Jango! Nice!

Ah yes! I wasn't sure if you were! I just looked back and realized it wasn't a CC Helmet.
It should come out well mate, the Helmet is looking lovely already. The moment the blue goes on you're well on your way!

Ordered a full set of Jango leather parts from Delta Leatherworks......eep...... :D That's the girth belt, pouches and x2 holster rigs. Definitely looking forward to those arriving!

Ah yes! I wasn't sure if you were! I just looked back and realized it wasn't a CC Helmet.
It should come out well mate, the Helmet is looking lovely already. The moment the blue goes on you're well on your way!

Cheers! yeah it actually feels like Jango now.

Designed some new ear pieces in Illustrator to replace the old ones, to be cut in aluminium

Metal Pieces-01.jpg

Less than a week later I had these

Raw Pieces web.jpg

They are cut using a water jet, so the edges are a little rough, but easy to tidy up.

Clean Pieces web.jpg

Spent an hour or 2 sanding and polishing whilst watching Netflix. I used a countersinking drill bit on the holes to allow screws to sit flush where they need to. I also tapped some of the holes. Ended up widening the movement slot so a wider screw could fit through and thread into the guide hole on the range finder

Assembly test fitting
Assembly web.jpg

The ear cap will go on with 2 magnets which are then recessed in the 2 holes

Helmet web.jpg

I had a few sets of these made, I'll post in the Cargo Hold what I have :)

Attachments

• Raw Pieces web.jpg
    Raw Pieces web.jpg
    940 KB · Views: 238
Designed some new ear pieces in Illustrator to replace the old ones, to be cut in aluminium

View attachment 190235
Less than a week later I had these

View attachment 190236

They are cut using a water jet, so the edges are a little rough, but easy to tidy up.

View attachment 190237

Spent an hour or 2 sanding and polishing whilst watching Netflix. I used a countersinking drill bit on the holes to allow screws to sit flush where they need to. I also tapped some of the holes. Ended up widening the movement slot so a wider screw could fit through and thread into the guide hole on the range finder

Assembly test fitting
View attachment 190238

The ear cap will go on with 2 magnets which are then recessed in the 2 holes

View attachment 190239

I had a few sets of these made, I'll post in the Cargo Hold what I have :)
Money is tight for me currently. But can you possibly hold a set for me? Looks so good!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back