Buckethead's Jango Build

bucketheadprops

Jr Hunter
Thought I'd start a build thread as I work towards my costume. I'm 5"11 and 100kg

Helmet: Etsy - kit started
Gauntlets: Cruzer - kit started
Blasters: Dark Energy Creations

Armour: DC Props and Armour - acquired
Flightsuit: Bobamaker
Flak Jacket: Bobamaker
Boots: Crowprops

Girth Belt: Delta Leather Works - ordered
Pouches: Delta Leather Works - ordered
Holsters: Delta Leather Works - ordered
Jetpack MOW: - ordered
Knees: Bobamaker

Looking forward to progressing forward

Last edited:

bucketheadprops

Jr Hunter
Gauntlet Rocket web.jpg

My rocket dart from Machinecraft Replicas. Aluminium and brass and painted up with my airbrush. Will weather properly when the gauntlets are assembled.

Boot Edit.jpg

My Jango boots from Crowprops - highly recommend! Great service and product and the fit is absolutely perfect
Review over on YouTube :)

Jawatrooper

New Hunter
It seems there is currently a Jango run. I am excited to follow you. I am also very interested how your back armor is going to look as mine of DC props has a couple of bad spots.

Last edited:

bucketheadprops

Jr Hunter
It seems there is currently a Jango run. I am excited to follow you. I am also very interested how your back armor is going to look as mine of DC props has a couple of bad spots.
Yeah a few builds currently happening! I have the armour but it's just been put away really, not looked at it closely with regard to finishing work. Got my flak jacket now though, so can think about attaching and finishing the pieces. It is cold cast, but I'm sure parts can be touched in with rub n buff if I need too

bucketheadprops

Jr Hunter
Flightsuit thumbnail.jpg

Got my flight suit and flak vest from Bobamaker. Amazing quality! A respected name in the community for a reason! Both fit exceptionally well, and I just quickly snapped some pics with my helmet. Did an unboxing over on YouTube if you wanna see a video and more of what they look like :)

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
View attachment 189865

My DEC blasters and gloves. They are Fownes (womens) navy lambskin in an XXXL (9). I would say if you have medium to large hands as a man, they should fit ok :)
To get a better fit with the gloves, remember that leather can stretch. Heat them up with a hair dryer, but not too hot, because you're going to need to pull them on your hands to stretch them and you don't want to accidentally burn yourself. Flex your hands, make fists, etc until the leather cools to skin temperature, they should be fitted for you at that point, and shouldn't shrink after that, unless you get them wet.

bucketheadprops

Jr Hunter
To get a better fit with the gloves, remember that leather can stretch. Heat them up with a hair dryer, but not too hot, because you're going to need to pull them on your hands to stretch them and you don't want to accidentally burn yourself. Flex your hands, make fists, etc until the leather cools to skin temperature, they should be fitted for you at that point, and shouldn't shrink after that, unless you get them wet.
Awesome tip thank you!!

bucketheadprops

Jr Hunter
The helmet kit as I received it. Pretty good cast and trimmed out. A few issues to sort out, including the slight warp at the front, pretty easy. Less easy is fixing the right ear which is cast in.

Helmet kit final web.jpg

But! allows me to upgrade my helmet

20200327_152917.jpg

First step, grinding it off, filling the gaps with Apoxie sculpt and then remaking the holes. A little rough but will be covered up

20200514_134803.jpg

droidbait

Active Hunter
This helmet cast is a larger one, but I need it as I have a large head. I'm always worried about helmets for costumes fitting me, head is about 61cm around. This is without padding too, so it should be perfect when I get to doing that.

View attachment 190037
I have the opposite problem. Majority of helmet look giant on me since I'm short lol. That helmet looks good on you!

TheBobaFett

Active Hunter
Wicked build so far mate, love Daz' Jango soft parts so much! Looking forward to seeing how you tackle the rest of the armour and bucket.

bucketheadprops

Jr Hunter
20200515_131040.jpg

Making the most of the nice weather to get a primer coat down on everything. Should mean tomorrow I can sand lightly with 400 grit, then mask and start painting the blue.

20191120_182317.jpg

Got both the paints. Also following Cruzer's tutorial so will be letting the first blue cure for 7 days