Buckethead's Jango Build

Thought I'd start a build thread as I work towards my costume. I'm 5"11 and 100kg

Helmet: Etsy - Complete
Gauntlets: Cruzer - Complete
Blasters: Dark Energy Creations - Complete

Armour: DC Props and Armour - acquired
Flightsuit: Bobamaker
Flak Jacket: Bobamaker
Boots: Crowprops

Girth Belt: Delta Leather Works - aquired
Pouches: Delta Leather Works - aquired
Holsters: Delta Leather Works - aquired
Knees: Bobamaker

Jetpack: MOW

Looking forward to progressing forward

Last edited:
Blasters x2 from Dark Energy Creations

Blaster Final 1-2 web.jpg

Finished up and ready to go. Made from Aluminium, brass, pewter and cast plastic (painted with Alclad 2 lacquer). Triggers work red LEDs in the flash hiders. Full build video over on YouTube. These took me far to long to finish!

It seems there is currently a Jango run. I am excited to follow you. I am also very interested how your back armor is going to look as mine of DC props has a couple of bad spots.

Last edited:
It seems there is currently a Jango run. I am excited to follow you. I am also very interested how your back armor is going to look as mine of DC props has a couple of bad spots.

Yeah a few builds currently happening! I have the armour but it's just been put away really, not looked at it closely with regard to finishing work. Got my flak jacket now though, so can think about attaching and finishing the pieces. It is cold cast, but I'm sure parts can be touched in with rub n buff if I need too

View attachment 189865

My DEC blasters and gloves. They are Fownes (womens) navy lambskin in an XXXL (9). I would say if you have medium to large hands as a man, they should fit ok :)
To get a better fit with the gloves, remember that leather can stretch. Heat them up with a hair dryer, but not too hot, because you're going to need to pull them on your hands to stretch them and you don't want to accidentally burn yourself. Flex your hands, make fists, etc until the leather cools to skin temperature, they should be fitted for you at that point, and shouldn't shrink after that, unless you get them wet.

To get a better fit with the gloves, remember that leather can stretch. Heat them up with a hair dryer, but not too hot, because you're going to need to pull them on your hands to stretch them and you don't want to accidentally burn yourself. Flex your hands, make fists, etc until the leather cools to skin temperature, they should be fitted for you at that point, and shouldn't shrink after that, unless you get them wet.

Awesome tip thank you!!

The helmet kit as I received it. Pretty good cast and trimmed out. A few issues to sort out, including the slight warp at the front, pretty easy. Less easy is fixing the right ear which is cast in.

Helmet kit final web.jpg

But! allows me to upgrade my helmet

20200327_152917.jpg

First step, grinding it off, filling the gaps with Apoxie sculpt and then remaking the holes. A little rough but will be covered up

20200514_134803.jpg

Wicked build so far mate, love Daz' Jango soft parts so much! Looking forward to seeing how you tackle the rest of the armour and bucket.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back