Boba Fett ESB Helmet Ultimate Stencils

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
The time have come to post my updated stencils. These were modified and updated to fit the 2nd gen helmets, but will work with gen 3, 4 and/or 5. The files are now fully vectorized, but sadly are not perfect, because I don't have the time and patience to redraw the stencils. Most of the major parts are at the correct size and approximated position, but will not be a 100% match. For the color separation I opted for a full color body versus the cut out colors:
ESB Back Plates Comparison.png

The color separation files are located at the end of the 1st post

Red Face and Rear Keyhole:
ESB Ultimate Stencils Final Red Face.png

Back Panels:
ESB Ultimate Stencils Final Back Panels.png

Upper and Lower Cheeks:
ESB Ultimate Stencils Final Cheeks.png

Dome:
ESB Ultimate Stencils Final Dome.png

Ears:
ESB Ultimate Stencils Final Ears.png

Helmet general view:
ESB Ultimate Stencils Full.png

Update 22.12.2021
------------------------
Thanks to the keen eyes of Fett 4 Real, who noticed me that the killstripes were not updated (it was still the old drawing tweaked to the new size), the killstripe area of the dome was corrected with a more accurate drawing and the corresponding files were updated and uploaded. Please download the dome file again.
------------------------

Update 28.12.2021
------------------------
Added the separation files for the ear.
------------------------

Update 10.01.2022
------------------------
The right upper cheek was updated with a slightly corrected one.
------------------------

Have fun!

Attachments

• ESB Back Plates LTR.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 402
  • ESB Back Plates A4.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 318
  • ESB Red Face LTR.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 290
  • ESB Red Face A4.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 303
  • ESB Dome A4.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 323
  • ESB Dome LTR.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 285
  • ESB Ears A4.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 249
  • ESB Ears LTR.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 248
  • ESB Cheeks A4.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 276
  • ESB Cheeks LTR.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 230
Last edited:
...and here I am getting ready to paint-up two of Minutefett's lineage ESB helmets. Timing is everything! So pumped to work with these. I also love the reference point of the curvature of the dome to keep everything well aligned. Thanks you, Rafalfett! :love:

Cool! Such amazing patience and attention to detail! Thanks for sharing all your excellent hard work, Levi. (y)

Thanks for the kind words, Eric!

Do I need to send my helmet back for a repaint?

I'm sure Eric already tweaked/modified the old stencils to fit the lineage helmets.

...and here I am getting ready to paint-up two of Minutefett's lineage ESB helmets. Timing is everything! So pumped to work with these. I also love the reference point of the curvature of the dome to keep everything well aligned. Thanks you, Rafalfett! :love:

You're welcome!

I had some early morning alone time as everyone slept in on Christmas morning and printed some of the stencils to test fit my lineage helmet. The fit was nearly perfect and the new approach to aligning the dome stencils with the curvature of the helmet will make stenciling things like the kill stripes and cat scratch much easier and more accurate. I also can't say enough about how the stencils now layer, making it much easier as well. I'm going to try to do as accurate a paint-up as possible, starting with the base grey and working my way up through the colors. My previous ESB paint-ups I started with the silver base, layered and then brushed in the base grey later. These new stencils have inspired me to shoot for the closest to screen used as possible.

It really helps to have a physical helmet, especially a lineage one. There are some features of the stencils that are not present as color separation: the white thumb print and smudges, the killstripe over mist, the misting around the dent and so on. I chose not to add them as I saw in the past some who paint them as they were interpreted graphically in the files and not how the original is.

The 2 tone dark grey and silver around the dent is actually some misting applied after the area was most likely partially masked (the drawing shows how I achieved this specific look on my stencils):
Dent Misting.png

The 1st post was updated with the ears separation files.

One interesting thing on the left ear is that they drawn a circle to paint the white arch. This feature is present on the Pre-Pro #3 helmet too, so I'm 100% sure it was on the ESB helmet from 1978:
View attachment 218438
Great eye! Looks to me like they stuck a small compass down in the top of the slot and used that as their center-point to draw the circle. Does it look like the usual graphite or do ya think it might be black pen ink? Id lean towards graphite but that honestly looks surprisingly dark on the PP3 :unsure:

Great eye! Looks to me like they stuck a small compass down in the top of the slot and used that as their center-point to draw the circle. Does it look like the usual graphite or do ya think it might be black pen ink? Id lean towards graphite but that honestly looks surprisingly dark on the PP3 :unsure:

Yeah, definitely drawn at around 3mm from the top end of the slot:
ESB Left Ear Circle Center.png

It looks to be drawn with graphite, because in some images you can see segments of the circle shine when hit by light:
ESB Left Ear Circle Shine.png

There is a faint circle on the left ear of the ESB lid. (y)
The 1st post was updated with the ears separation files.

One interesting thing on the left ear is that they drawn a circle to paint the white arch. This feature is present on the Pre-Pro #3 helmet too, so I'm 100% sure it was on the ESB helmet from 1978:
View attachment 218438
now that you say that and i look at some references I have here from the EFX project.... there is a circle! I hadnt noticed it with all the weathering and the lighting its very faint. Theres a diagonal line running from that circle down along that red and grey damage on the ESB as well you can see it in that top left pic there in your collage

now that you say that and i look at some references I have here from the EFX project.... there is a circle! I hadnt noticed it with all the weathering and the lighting its very faint. Theres a diagonal line running from that circle down along that red and grey damage on the ESB as well you can see it in that top left pic there in your collage

Can't wait to see it on my helmet! ;-)

Which scene has the “three scratches and two scratches/dots” above the turn signals?

The BHG flagged this damage as inaccurate on my ESB paint job, but I could’ve sworn I’d seen it before. :-/

Attachments

• 0E64E12D-9E23-4682-BF17-23DF6CBB54F0.jpeg
    0E64E12D-9E23-4682-BF17-23DF6CBB54F0.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 151
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back