Various ESB Casts discussion.

Art Andrews

I wasn’t around for the TDH and MPPC days - but I‘ve heard stories and it doesn’t sound like fun. I could be naive, but I don’t think anyone on the forum wants to see something like that happen again. It would be nice if Boba Fett could be the main focus and not interpersonal issues among forum users.

As the owner and the guy steering the ship, my question for you is what changes could be made to prevent TDH from continuing to go down the path it’s been on for the past 6 months?

What can be done to unify the group and discourage factionalism and disunity?

Not looking to pick any fights. Genuinely asking.

- Steven

I don't see what this has to do with the MPPC. The site has been dead for a couple of years and its been a long time since it was very active. I'm thinking not much posting after 17 and then it limped on with various scam site warnings until Lee finally killed it. And, if I recall, its last few years were after the original database was lost, when it went from 'company' to 'community'.

I don't see what this has to do with the MPPC. The site has been dead for a couple of years and its been a long time since it was very active. I'm thinking not much posting after 17 and then it limped on with various scam site warnings until Lee finally killed it. And, if I recall, its last few years were after the original database was lost, when it went from 'company' to 'community'.

I was merely pointing to it as an example of what happens when feuds and drama explode in a passion hobby like this. Like KaanE said at the end of the day we’re effectively arguing over big boy toys and it really is just petty because most all of us are in this for the love of it. It wasn’t always TDH vs MPPC forum crew, that was more in the later half of the feud after the split and most everyone was originally on TDH and TheRPF before it things went south.
Both places back then used to be MUCH more prop/found part research focused than they exist today for better or for worse (A change I feel perhaps seen more so here than TheRPF, but both still very different than they once were). Wont go into the garbage that caused the giant split back then since its in the past for me and Ive ZERO interest in letting stupid drama ruin this hobby for me ever again if I can at all avoid it. Just thought I would share my thoughts and personal experience by commenting on how Ive noticed some of the behavior around here lately being eerily similar to how things were back in 04-07 days at the start of things before SHTF and people got forced into the various “us vs them” camps that drove people apart for years, often for little more other than being friends with the wrong people, and how much that hurt the hobby as a whole for quite some time
Again effectively over a toy

Last edited:
I wasn’t around for the TDH and MPPC days - but I‘ve heard stories and it doesn’t sound like fun.

Be thankful. That bit of nastiness sucked the passion out of a lot of good people and indeed changed the landscape forever.

As the owner and the guy steering the ship, my question for you is what changes could be made to prevent TDH from continuing to go down the path it’s been on for the past 6 months?

What can be done to unify the group and discourage factionalism and disunity?

Not looking to pick any fights. Genuinely asking.

There is no clearcut answer. If there was, we'd have done it already. The last battle, the one with TDH and the MPPC was over egoes. This current ugliness is simply over money at almost every side. There is a bit of ego mixed in there, but at its root, there are people profiting from this or afraid they won't/aren't getting "their" piece of the pie and they are desperate to screw one another over or angry because they believe they have been screwed over. You figure out how to solve that and you could solve world issues much larger than this small community.

I don't mean to blow your question off, but that is the long and short of it. When money is at stake, people do ugly things. It is not solvable at a community level. If there is any solution it is going to have to be at the individual level.

It is going to sound flimsy, but the only thing I can say is that each of us should try to do what we believe is right to the best of our ability. How others perceive it or twist it later... well... there isn't much you can do about that is there? Today was great evidence of that. You could try to argue the reimaging of others but why? They aren't ever going to change their mind. Those who have grudges or allegiances aren't going to change theirs, so why spin your wheels for people who don't want to hear?

Try to be a good member of the community. Give where you can. Share where you can. Remember that we all stand on the shoulders of the giants who came before us. Also, remember that what you have isn't what makes you special or valuable. This is all plastic at the end of the day. The things we give to the community mean so much more than the trinkets and baubles that we own. This community has provided many people with relationships that have now spanned more than 20 years, has helped me (and many others) launch a career doing what I love, and has provided so many people with endless opportunities. All of that far outweighs any object, even the ESB helmet casting. Focus on those things and maybe some of this other pettiness will feel less important. There are always those who are selfish and driven by money or ego. You won't change them, so focus on the good. A great place to start is this thread:

GREAT stuff, being shared and documented. This is TDH. This is the way.

Dana, this seems entirely different to me. Whilst TDH versus MPPC might be an example of toxicity, there are far more recent examples that are contained entirely within this board.
This is about money. There are far better examples of that in all walks of life than relate to the MPPC. I've said it before. These money guys crack me up.

Last edited:
I agree with both of you (Dana and Andy) and is better not to open up that can o worms (or Pandora's box), although some discussions can be healthy and appropriate (even when some of these are painful for some - when you forget your past, that might become your future). Also love how Art summed up what's finally important in life: all this fight for these replicas is nothing compared to real life issues; and we have a number of cases when respectable vendors when hit by real life stuff were unable to fulfill orders and went on to full silence. Not to mention health issues and even death...

Can we speak freely about the elephant in the room without fear of being banned?

He can't ban everyone or this will be a very lonely place. One earlier comment I made which was only hinting at the subject was deleted by the man for 'shilling for a banned member'.
Truth hurts sometimes.

Haha! I thought this thread was about putting everything out in the open for discussion,
As someone who doesn't follow Boba community often, I'm real curious what everyone is being hush-hush about.
I doubt that is the case here. I also doubt it will be long before this hush hush matter becomes revealed to you. Since last night it has been shared to me, unsolicited [as well as solicited], by people I haven't heard from in a long time and, bizarrely, from people who have no interest in props whatsoever but who thought it would interest me.

There's a line in Clear and Present Danger in which Jack Ryan advises the president that there is no point trying to defuse a bomb after it has gone off (don't deny being friends, say you were good friends... if asked if good friends say lifelong friends - I love that film).

Can we speak freely about the elephant in the room without fear of being banned?

You can, but I would warn you to tread lightly. Several posts have been removed for members posting on behalf of a banned member. Don’t fall into that trap. There are also some who seem to be jonesing for a fight. It won’t go well for them here.

Outside of that, go ahead.

You can, but I would warn you to tread lightly. Several posts have been removed for members posting on behalf of a banned member. Don’t fall into that trap. There are also some who seem to be jonesing for a fight. It won’t go well for them here.

Outside of that, go ahead.

Ok well here goes .........
The dust has now settled since the G Bomb dropped on social media and people are talking about it on the other platforms and it's content is now common knowledge.

Tbh most of the information was known to most members not in the private message group, the post just validated some areas , some parts were new and came as a huge surprise .

Questions have been answered and some new ones have been created. Although Gino didn't name names I think we can all fill in the gaps using MC's recent social media posts into who his "friends' were and their silence on here and who has a copy from his first casting or from Ninos. I think the list of who hasn't got one will be smaller than who has lol.

How do we move on from this ?

I am not going to directly comment on Gino's accusations and whether I think that action should be taken on the new allegations maybe "Admin" will , I have made my opinion clear on one of the points previously and accused of misrepresentation.

I will say tho that there seems to have been a "Do as we say not as we do attitude
" regarding MF , recasting and a recent shilling accusation for instance as well as his constant character attacks . I think this needs to stop. The vendor clash and it's reason was highlighted in Gino's post and in previous tdh threads . IMO going forward vendors and only the vendor should post their wares. If they want to be taken seriously all products should be posted on TDH including WIPs etc for their peers to see , honesty and transparency are the key. No more here's my new product showing a final finished piece , all prop makers should show progress pictures to validate their products.

TDH is and should always be the benchmark , first point of call for all things Fett / mandolorian including info and products. Other platforms should be considered secondary . There should be No "grey areas" such as it wasn't posted on here so it doesn't count for instance .

Favoured discounts to influence buyers should also be frowned upon, It's unethical imo. Things started to change within the community when FP sold his molds a few years back , lines seem to be drawn and people who were friends suddenly weren't . Let's get back to the community spirit and all things fett and not be toxic to each other . New members need to see unity and the community spirit and feel welcome.

I will get my coat......

Refraining from posting anything about the actual topic.

I just need to say, that as someone not well established in the community, but the motivation to actually become well established and to put some effort into this, reading trough all of that makes me feel a little ... worried. Especially since lacking actual experience with the people involved, I have even less of a clue what is ok to post and what is not.

Refraining from posting anything about the actual topic.

I just need to say, that as someone not well established in the community, but the motivation to actually become well established and to put some effort into this, reading trough all of that makes me feel a little ... worried. Especially since lacking actual experience with the people involved, I have even less of a clue what is ok to post and what is not.
I once felt the same way so this just sounds normal to me.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back