Superjedi's MCR-ESB for Adam

Here is phase 1 of the dent. :) The "tail" will come next.

20201214_211142.jpg 20201214_211059.jpg

I'm starting all that weird SE gunk all over the left side of the dome. I do this in a number of passes with different colors. This is the black pass. I'll be doing additional passes with the pale blue gray, and some white. (y)

20201215_192407.jpg 20201215_192345.jpg

The dome is pretty much complete now. There are a couple of details that I add with artist's pencils that won't be done until just before the final clear coat.

20201219_144114.jpg

I'll be moving on to the cheeks next.

Looking a bit cheeky now. ;)
The right cheek is done for now. There's still the white blob on the outer cheeks to add, but I'll do that when I do the white thumbprints on the left side of the helmet.

20201220_091221.jpg 20201220_091137.jpg

Eric, as always, you rock!

I'm sure that painting a lineage helmet with all the fine details is more complicated than painting a clean helmet, because you have to perfectly line up all the major scratches, while on a clean helmet you have some artistic freedom. I hope I can update my stencils in the near future to better match the original scratches.

Thanks, Levi. :)
Yes, it may seem like a paradox, but it is somewhat harder painting one of these helmets for the reasons you mentioned. Nothing can really be out of place.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back