Superjedi's FPH2 ESB for EK

superjedi

Sr Hunter
We're back!
Starting commission number 64 this week! It's for an Instagram user and I'm not certain he's a TDH member.
This is an FPH2 kit made by Wasted Fett. It arrived with a set of metal ears in place of the standard resin parts, along with a metal Borden piece and a Terminalfettler RF topper.
Very nice stuff!
I'll be painting this one as a screen used ESB.

20220912_160719.jpg 20220912_160651.jpg

We're back!
Starting commission number 64 this week! It's for an Instagram user and I'm not certain he's a TDH member.
This is an FPH2 kit made by Wasted Fett. It arrived with a set of metal ears in place of the standard resin parts, along with a metal Borden piece and a Terminalfettler RF topper.
Very nice stuff!
I'll be painting this one as a screen used ESB.

View attachment 228991 View attachment 228992
I’m on here. ;)

No more helmets for you, Buda! :lol:

It's been too hot in the garage to work on prepping the helmet when I get home from work, so I'll do that in the morning on Saturday.
In the meantime, I did some scuff & finish sanding on the metal parts and laid down a coat of self-etching primer where needed.

20220915_154754.jpg

Nah, I have to do a tiny bit more on it. Lol

I got the first color on this afternoon! The light color on the back panels is Dark Grime from Archive-X.
Since I had to wait for the back panels to dry before going any further, I airbrushed the base color on the RF ear parts. I used Archive-X Light Earth.

20220918_051946.jpg 20220918_090922.jpg

I stenciled, masked, and airbrushed the dark green on the back panels. These are the main shapes. As always, I'll refine the edges and add the smaller details with a fine brush.

20220918_184012.jpg 20220918_183955.jpg

I stenciled, masked, and airbrushed the dark green on the back panels. These are the main shapes. As always, I'll refine the edges and add the smaller details with a fine brush.

View attachment 229146 View attachment 229147
I’m always impressed with the speed and accuracy in with you do these paint ups. I would love to see how you apply the stencils and what your workshop is like. You should do a video sometime. Or you can keep your secrets lol.

I have a pretty good system worked out. My "workshop" is just a folding table with a couple of rollaway Rubbermaid drawer units in a spare bedroom. It's a mess. :lol:

I have refined the damage shapes and added the smaller details.
Next I'll start adding some gray and silver.

20220920_145505.jpg 20220920_145420.jpg

I'm done with the right panel. That big scrape gives my eyes a workout every time!
Next I'll mask the back panels off and hit the dome and cheeks with some green.

20220924_154702.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back